Brickell Car Accident Lawyer
At Gerson & Schwartz, P.A., our attorneys and staff are committed to serving people in the Brickell area. If you were injured in an auto , car or motor vehicle collision and live on Brickell or near Mary Brickell village don’t wait. Our Brickell car accident lawyers offer free consultations and can answer any questions you may have about your car accident. In addition, we offer a no recover-no fee guarantee, which means that you will not owe use anything unless we successfully recover compensation on your behalf.
Brickell, Florida is a neighborhood of Miami that is located directly south of the historic Central Business District. Built on the strength of the banking and finance industries, Brickell became home to the historical mansions of “Millionaire’s Row”. Today, this history of economic growth continues, as Brickell hosts a rapidly-expanding population. Housing developments, office buildings, restaurants and nightlife abound in this dynamic setting. This includes several new condominium high rises, Brickell City Center, the SLS on Brickell, and many of course Mary Brickell village.
Like any densely-populated city, however, Brickell is also the site of a significant number of car accidents. If you or a loved one has been involved in an auto accident in the Brickell area, or were injured in another area of Miami but live in the neighborhood it is important to protect your legal rights by consulting with a Brickell car accident lawyer as soon as you can.Damages Available in a Florida Car Accident Case
Florida law protects victims of negligence. In a car accident, the victim of another driver’s negligence can recover compensation for all of the losses they sustain in the accident. These are known as “legal damages”, and include:
- Property damage to your vehicle
- Medical expenses related to the accident
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Compensation for disability or disfigurement
- Any loss of future earning potential
You might also be surprised to learn that the spouse of a car accident victim may also have a claim against the negligent driver. This is known as “loss of consortium”, and it compensates the spouse for the loss of various aspects of the marital relationship, including:
- Inability to care for minor children
- Loss of companionship
- Impeded access to sexual relations
In order to determine whether you need a lawyer, it’s important to understand what you are up against in the process of negotiating your personal injury claim. Here is what happens after a car accident is reported to the insurance companies:
- The insurance companies of the involved drivers conduct an investigation to determine if their driver was responsible for the accident (and if so, to what extent). This investigation can consist of statements from the insured driver(s), police reports, photographs of the scene, forensic analysis of the vehicles, and statements from witnesses.
- Each insurance company then assigns a percentage of legal responsibility (“liability”) to their driver.
- If the percentage is anything more than zero, that insurance company will make an offer to pay that percentage of the medical bills and costs – such as property damage, lost wages, etc. – incurred as a result of the accident. This total amount is known as your “damages”.
It should not come as a surprise that the goal of any insurance company is to pay as little as possible on as few claims as possible. As a result, victims of negligence often have to fight with insurance companies to prove the true value of their damages. Worse still, these victims must sometimes fight with the insurance company to prove that the other driver was the one at fault. While it is possible to do this without an attorney, it is a difficult process that forces a car accident victim to continue suffering the consequences of the accident.Call Gerson & Schwartz, P.A. Today to Speak with a Brickell Car Accident Lawyer
The Miami car accident lawyers of Gerson & Schwartz PA help injury victims in Brickell and other areas of South Florida. With over 50 years of legal experience, the Brickell car accident attorneys have the skill and experience required to protect your rights after a car accident. Call our office today at (305) 371-6000 to schedule your free consultation with a Brickell auto accident lawyer. You can also email our office through our online contact form. Our staff provides the attention necessary to get the compensation you deserve.