Brickell Wrongful Death Lawyer
Losing a loved one is not easy. This loss is often only made worse following the discovery that the death was the result of someone’s negligence. No one plans to lose a loved one. During these painful times, it can be helpful to know that you are not alone. Each year, 98,000 people receive medical treatment and die as a result of malpractice. Each year, 32,000 people in the country end up dying in accidents. There are many other causes of wrongful deaths in Florida. No matter how a wrongful death of your loved one occurs, however, a Brickell wrongful death lawyer can help you navigate the legal journey ahead.
After losing a loved one due to someone else’s negligence, you may suddenly find yourself facing substantial financial challenges and emotional hardships. At Gerson & Schwartz, PA, our attorneys understand the challenges you and your family now face. As you focus on healing, we will fight to uphold your rights to compensation. Contact us toll-free today by calling 305-371-6000 or toll free t (877) 475-2905.Common Types of Wrongful Death Cases
At Gerson & Schwartz, PA all of our wrongful death lawyers and attorneys have years of experience helping people who have lost loved ones due to other people’s negligence. Some of the most common types of wrongful death cases that our law firm have served in the capacity as:
Brickell wrongful death construction accident lawyers. Construction is a dangerous business. Sometimes defective equipment causes collapses or crushing accidents. If you lost a loved one to a building collapse or other construction site accident, do not hesitate to speak with a Brickell wrongful death attorney.
- Brickell Wrongful Death Construction Accident lawyer When we undergo medical treatment, we expect that medical professionals will provide us with the highest quality care possible. Unfortunately, however, this is not always the case. Sometimes, medical professionals fail to adhere to this standard. As a result, patients can end up injured or even killed.
- Brickell Wrongful Death Product Defect Law Firm. Not all products work as consumers intend them to. When defects occur during a product’s design or manufacturing process, consumers of that product can end up seriously injured or killed. Defects can be found in children’s toys, motor vehicles, and any other type of product.
- Brickell wrongful death premises liability lawyer Property owners in Florida have a duty to people who visit their premises. If the property owner fails to fix a hazardous condition, unknowing visitors can be injured or killed as a result. When a visitor is killed on someone else’s property, the property owner can often be held liable for that wrongful death.
- Wrongful Death Truck Accident Attorney on Brickell Due to their immense size and weight, when trucks are involved in accidents, the results are often fatal. In these cases, it might be possible to pursue legal action against the truck driver, trucking company, or a party who worked on or repaired the truck. A Brickell wrongful death attorney is familiar with Florida and federal trucking law and knows how to create strong legal strategies for truck accident victims.
A wrongful death accident can occur anywhere, but some locations in Brickell where they may occur more often include the following:
- Medical malpractice at Mercy Hospital, Jackson Memorial Hospital, or Pan American Hospital that results in the death of a patient.
- A defective product purchased at Brickell City Centre that ends up killing a consumer.
- Bike accidents that kill individuals at Brickell Key Park, Southside Park, or 1814 Brickell Park.
- Deadly tractor-trailer accidents that occur on Brickell Avenue and lead to the death of pedestrians
The state of Florida permits wrongful death lawsuits to be initiated by the victim’s immediate family, which often includes spouses, children, parents, or other relatives who were dependents of the victim. Each survivor is permitted to seek recovery for the value of lost services and support from the date that the victim died to the present as well as the value of future losses. Spouses in Florida often seek compensation in the form of loss of companionship and pain and suffering, while minor children frequently seek compensation for the loss of parental guidance and companionship.
As part of a wrongful death action, a wrongful death attorney on Brickell can help the deceased person’s estate pursue compensation for several types of losses, which include:
- Future lost income the deceased individual would have earned
- Funeral expenses
- Lost wages from the date of the individual’s death
- Medical costs
- Pain and suffering before the victim passed away
In Florida, the period of time that survivors have to initiate a wrongful death lawsuit is four years. This period of time is shortened to two years for medical malpractice cases. Sometimes, an additional period of time is permitted in medical malpractice cases that involve either fraud or intentional concealment. If you do not take this window into consideration and fail to act in the allotted period, it is likely that the court will dismiss your claim.Speak with an Experienced Brickell Wrongful Death Attorney
At Gerson & Schwartz, PA, wrongful death lawsuits can be complex and require an intricate understanding of the relevant laws. A Brickell wrongful death attorney at our firm has substantial experience helping people navigate wrongful death cases. We are prepared to fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact our law office today to schedule a free case evaluation.