Top Personal Injury Lawyer in Miami, FL
Many personal injury lawyers advertising on television and billboards claiming they are not just qualified bit will "fight for you”. So it's easy to understand why so many injury victims find it difficult if not daunting to find the best personal injury attorney in Miami for their case. Naturally, everyone wants to hire the top personal injury lawyer in Miami.
At Gerson & Schwartz, we want our client’s to have the best legal representation possible. But the truth is that not every client is meant for every law firm and vice versa.
Here are some tips that accident victims in Miami, Florida and South Florida should ask before hiring a top personal injury attorney upon whom they will be relying on for justice.
- What percentage of this law firm practice is devoted to representing personal injury victims?
- How many negligence cases has this personal injury attorney tried that is like mine?
- How often does this personal injury office actually go to trial?
- When was the last time your lawyer was in trial?
- When was the last time the lawyer I hired tried a case in court in front of a jury in Miami Dade?
- Did I find this lawyer only because of a paid advertisement on google search?
- Does this law office have a website that is visible on page one visible through an online Google search?
- How long has this lawyer been practicing in personal injury law?
- How many clients does this law firm currently represent?
- Does this law firms' online have positive reviews?
- What other areas of law does this firm focus?
The National Center for Health Statistics reports that approximately 31 million people in this country are injured each year in accidents and end up requiring medical care. Approximately 2 million of these cases are serious enough to necessitate hospitalization. Another 162,000 of these injuries prove fatal. If you or a loved one is struggling through the aftermath of a personal injury in Miami Dade, you likely need some help pursuing the compensation to which you are entitled.
At Gerson & Schwartz, PA, we only represent serious injury and wrongful death victims and their family members. Since 1970, Gerson & Schwartz injury law offices have been dedicated to making sure that our clients receive the maximum amount of compensation Florida law permits. This requires countless hours of hard work and dedication. We care about our clients cases and results. Contact us today by calling (305) 371-6000 or toll free at (877) 475-2905. There is always someone available to take your ca If you are facing a personal injury in Miami Dade caused by someone else's negligence or careless act you need experienced lawyers.
Some of the most common cases that our Miami injury law firm handles include:
- Car Accidents. Auto car and motor vehicle collisions can be caused by drunk, distracted, and reckless driving, among other things. Our Miami car crash lawyers will fight for you to receive the maximum amount of compensation possible after a car crash.
- Motorcycle accidents and crashes Many motor vehicle operators fail to spot motorcyclists on the road. Additionally, dangerous motorcycle patterns like suddenly changing lanes, can result in life-changing injuries, even if a motorcyclist wears a helmet.
- Cruise Ship Accidents and Maritime Injury Cases We actively represent passengers and crewmember injured in accidents at sea. We have represented hundreds of clients against all major cruise lines.
- Crime Victims- We remain committed to representing innocent victims due to negligent security and inadequate security measures. From parking lot shootings, victims at malls, apartment stores and other public places. We remain committed to helping serious, catastrophic injury and wrongful death victims in Miami Dade, Broward and other parts of South Florida.
- Truck accidents. Given trucks' substantial size and weight, trucking accidents often result in substantial damage. Some causes of truck accidents include improperly secured cargo and jackknifing, in which a trailer slides out at a 90-degree angle from the rest of the truck.
- Slip and Fall Accident- From loose stairs, slippery surfaces to falls and business and retail establishments. Over the years we've held countless serious injury victims in second fall accident cases in Miami.
- Boat and ski accidents. Many people in Miami enjoy boating and skiing, but when adequate safety precautions are not taken, a serious personal injury can result.
- Dog bites. While we refer to them as man's best friend, dogs sometimes attack. Being bitten by a dog results in scarring, a substantial risk of infection, and psychological
- Nursing home abuse. When we place our loved one in a nursing home, there is an expectation that they will receive the best care possible. Unfortunately, this is not always the case and sometimes abuse occurs in nursing homes.
- Miami Accidents due Product liability. As consumers, we expect products to work as intended by the manufacturer or designer. When products contain defects or malfunction, users can be seriously hurt or killed.
- Accident due to Premise liability. In Florida, the owners of property have a duty to keep visitors safe from harm. Unfortunately, slip and fall accidents are one of the most common premise liability accidents. Slip and falls can occur due to inadequate lighting, uneven surfaces, or improper maintenance of a building. If you are facing a premise liability accident due to a personal injury in Miami Dade, our lawyers will fight for the results you deserve.
- Wrongful death. When loved ones are killed in accidents, their survivors are often able to initiate lawsuits to recover compensation for burial costs, lost wages, and other damages associated with the death.
When compensation is awarded for personal injury accidents, Florida courts take both economic as well as non-economic damages into consideration.
Economic damages are the most common, and they refer to losses that can easily be assigned a monetary value. Some of the most common examples of economic damages include medical bills, lost wages, and any other financial losses incurred as a result of an accident. It is much more difficult to assign a monetary value to non-economic damages. Some of the most common types of non-economic damages include pain and suffering. Our lawyers will fight for the maximum amount of compensation possible.Critical Steps to Take After a Personal Injury in Miami Dade
Some of the most helpful steps that you can take after being injured in an accident include the following:
- Get to a safe place. Immediately after an accident, you should focus on your safety. If you remain in a dangerous situation, there is a risk that you could get hurt even worse. Sometimes, it is not always possible to do so, in which case you should remain still.
- Contact emergency services. As soon as you are able to do so, you should contact emergency services. After law enforcement and other emergency workers arrive, you should make sure to tell them how the accident occurred so a report can be written.
- Receive medical care. When emergency medical workers arrive at the scene of the accident, they will examine your injuries and instruct you to receive medical treatment, if necessary. Follow their instructions and see a doctor right away.
Do not hesitate to speak with an attorney after experiencing a personal injury in Miami Dade. Remember, we do not charge a fee unless we are successful in obtaining compensation for you. At Gerson & Schwartz, PA, we focus fighting for the results you deserve so you can dedicate yourself to a full recovery. Contact us today to schedule a free case evaluation.