Car Accidents in Miami
As Miami drivers, it is important to know about the alarming rate at which car accidents occur in the area. Data compiled by the Florida Department of Motor Vehicles show that Miami Dade County is among the five Florida counties with the highest rates of motor vehicle accidents. Additional statistics reveal that out of every six car crashes in Florida, one or more occurs in Miami. This equates to 50,000 car accidents in Miami every year.
At Gerson & Schwartz, PA, our attorneys have years of experience helping victims impacted by car accidents in Miami. No two car accidents are the same, but any and all victims deserve the chance to receive compensation for their injuries from those responsible. Our knowledgeable attorneys will fight to make sure that you receive the maximum amount of compensation possible. Contact our law office today by calling (305) 371-6000 to schedule a free case evaluation.Dangerous Roads in Miami
Some of the most dangerous roads that are commonly the site of car accidents in Miami include the following:
- Interstate 95 runs along the Atlantic Coast, but the section that passes through Miami-Dade and Broward is considered especially dangerous.
- NE Second Avenue and 36th Street in Midtown Miami.
- South Miami Dade’s SW 117th Avenue and 152nd Street.
- Downtown Miami’s NE First Avenue and NE Sixth Street.
There are various ways that Florida car accidents can occur, but some of the most common causes of accidents include the following:
- Many Florida motorists are in a rush to get where they are going. Unfortunately, sometimes drivers get frustrated with waiting in traffic and engage in aggressive driving patterns like tailgating or weaving quickly through lanes of traffic.
- Sometimes, car accidents in Miami are not entirely the fault of motor vehicle drivers. Sometimes, drivers lose control of their vehicles due to sudden and unexpected defects in the vehicle. While defects can impact any part of a motor vehicle, some of the most common defective parts include airbags, brakes, and tires.
- Distracted driving occurs when motorists take their eyes off the road, their hands off the wheel, or their attention off the task at hand, even if for only a few moments. Some of the most common causes of distracted driving include playing with the GPS, adjusting the radio, grooming, eating, talking on the phone, or texting.
- Many national organizations exist to teach people about the dangers presented by drinking alcohol or using drugs of any kind and driving. While Florida laws severely penalize those who drive while intoxicated, law enforcement is still only able to catch a small portion of the intoxicated motorists who travel Florida’s roads.
- The Florida Traffic Code contains various regulations that drivers are expected to follow. Although all motorists should appreciate and understand these rules, there are many drivers who consistently fail to follow these rules and end up in car accidents in Miami.
To assess who is responsible for your car accident our attorneys will analyze all of the available evidence. We will then begin to craft a strong legal strategy to show that the at-fault party caused your crash and your resulting injuries.
Florida follows comparative negligence laws, which make liability issues even more complex. This means that if the victims of car accidents in Miami are in any way responsible for an accident, the amount that they will ultimately receive in compensation will be reduced by the victim’s degree of fault for the accident.The Statute of Limitations
The victims of car crash case in Miami or anywhere in Dade County, Florida should understand the role of Florida’s statute of limitations. This refers to the window of time that a person has in which to initiate a lawsuit. Otherwise, the victims claims will time barred forever. The exact statute of limitations changes based on the who you are suing and why. In car accident cases in Miami victims typically have four years from the date of the accident in which to pursue a personal injury lawsuit due to negligent drivers or for entrusting someone with a vehicle that may be intoxicated. But don’t be fooled. Car accidents dealing with a product defect, a public bus or result in wrongful are even shorter. That’s why if you or a loved on were injured in auto, car or motor vehicle collision you need to experienced legal help to evaluate the legal issues could bar your right to relief. So contact the personal injury law offices at Gerson & Schwartz PA by calling 305-371-6000 or email us at email@example.com. Se Habla Espanol.Speak with an Experienced Miami Car Injury Law Firm in Miami
Following a car accident in Miami or anywhere else in South Florida, it is common to feel like you can navigate the matter alone. Just remember insurance companies have experienced lawyers working for them and so should you.
Gerson & Schwartz, PA, lawyers understands just how difficult the aftermath of a car accident can be. That is why we bring our knowledge and expertise to fighting for the results that you deserve. Contact our law office today to schedule a free case evaluation by calling 305-371-6000 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org.