Car Accidents With Minor Children
Car accidents with minor children in Florida are one of the primary causes of child injuries in the state. To bring the point home further, approximately 150 children are treated in emergency rooms in this country each hour for car accident injuries. Fortunately, there are some helpful strategies that Florida parents can utilize to reduce the risk of car accidents.
When children incur serious injuries in car accidents, they often feel the ramifications for the rest of their lives. It is a good idea for the parent of a child who has been injured in a car accident to promptly obtain the assistance of a knowledgeable Florida car accident attorney like the lawyers at Gerson & Schwartz. If someone else was responsible for your child’s injuries, that person can be held responsible for your damages, including medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. At Gerson & Schwartz, PA, we have the compassion and experience necessary to fight for the results that child car accident victims deserve. You can call us at (305) 371-6000 or toll-free at (877) 475-2905.Miami is a Great City for Children
From its beaches to its parks, museums, and even the Symphony, there are countless things for kids in Miami to do. Some of the museums that kids enjoy include History Miami, The Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, and ICA, Miami. Some of the parks that kids in Miami enjoy include North Shore Open Space Park, South Pointe Park, and Kennedy Park. Free movies and Symphony performances are also available for kids at the New World Center.
Given all these attractions, it should also come as no surprise that there are many car accidents with minor children in Miami.Safety Tips to Reduce the Risk of Car Accidents With Minor Children
One of the best ways to reduce car accident injuries for kids is to follow some helpful safety strategies. Use the safety devices in your vehicle whenever possible, which include seat belts, child safety seats, and booster seats. The best option for your child depends on his or her age and weight. It is also a good idea to always read the appropriate instruction manual and install any safety device according to the directions. Consider the following best practices for child car passengers:
- Between the ages of 0 and 2, children should be placed in rear-facing car seats.
- Between the ages of 2 and 5, children should be placed in forward-facing car seats.
- Between the ages of 5 and 9, children who outgrow forward-facing seats should be placed in booster seats.
- After a young adult properly fits a seat belt, they should move from a booster seat to a seatbelt.
- All children below the age of 12 should ride in the back seat. This is because airbags in the front of a vehicle can kill young riders.
- Parents should sign a driving agreement with teenagers addressing when the teenager is able to drive in another person’s car.
Even these safety devices, however, cannot keep minor children safe while riding in motor vehicles all the time. Sometimes car accidents with minor children result in serious injuries even though children and their parents take all of the necessary precautions.Damages Available When Children are Injured
The weeks, months, and years following a car accident are often challenging. It is vital during this time that parents focus on the health of the child and that the child receives the best medical care possible. Our lawyers can review the facts of your car accident and create a strong legal strategy to make sure that your child receives compensation for various damages like:
- Medical bills, which might include costs related to tests, hospital visits, ambulance rides, or emergency room expenses
- Future medical costs
- Mental anguish related to the accident
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of earning capacity, if a child’s ability to earn a living in the future is disrupted as a result of the accident.
If you were involved in a car accident with minor children and your child suffered serious injuries, it is a good idea to promptly obtain the assistance of an experienced Florida personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. Our lawyers understand the challenges faced by victims of car accidents with minor children in Miami. We want to help. Contact Gerson & Schwartz, PA today to schedule a free case evaluation.