Edgewater Personal Injury Lawyer
Car accidents, cruise ship accidents, slip and fall accidents, and other personal injuries can be catastrophic and often leave victims with extremely serious injuries If you or a loved one has sustained an injury in an accident that you believe was caused by the negligence of another person, it is important to consult with an experienced Edgewater personal injury attorney as soon as possible in order to protect your legal rights. The aggressive attorneys at Gerson & Schwartz have over forty-three years of experience protecting the residents of Edgewater and the greater Miami area. Trust us to defend your legal rights during difficult life events.
Edgewater is a Miami neighborhood located north of downtown and south of the Upper East Side. Bordered by Biscayne Bay on the east, it has become a popular destination for both downtown residents and condo developers. With increases in population and construction come increases in the kinds of risks that can cause serious, injury-causing preventable accidents. Learn more about the severity of personal injuries.Personal Injuries Can Be Life-Threatening and Life-Altering
Every year, lobbyists spend thousands of hours and millions of dollars to convince Congress of the need for tort reform. (“Torts” is the broad category of all civil causes of action, other than breach of contract.) The United States has notoriously plaintiff-friendly civil laws. Because this leads to large settlements, judgments, and trial verdicts, lobbyists spread the message that American civil law is entirely too lax and allows for unfair judgments. But are large judgments truly unfair? Consider these cases:
- Many Americans remember the “hot coffee” lawsuit (Liebeck v. McDonald’s Restaurants, New Mexico, 1994). Pundits made the case synonymous with frivolous litigation. But what was not widely reported was the fact that McDonalds had received more than seven hundred reports of patrons being burned by hot coffee in the ten years prior to Ms. Liebeck’s accident. The reports also did not make clear the extent of Ms. Liebeck’s injuries. She sustained third degree burns over her thighs, groin and buttocks, and required multiple skin grafts. These were dangerous procedures which took a serious physical toll on the seventy-four year old.
- Car accidents can lead to latent injuries – those which are not able to be discovered immediately after an accident. Concussions and neurological injuries sometimes do not appear for hours, or even days. They may also go unnoticed in the confusion immediately following a car accident. Neurological injuries are highly dangerous, and can seriously affect a person’s ability to participate in education, social events, and work.
- Even a relatively minor injury can affect your life for years to come. Consider spinal cord injuries: serious trauma can cause permanent paralysis. But even slight trauma to the spinal cord can cause back pain or pressure, loss of coordination, weakness and numbness, or loss of control over bladder or bowels. These are frightening (and potentially embarrassing) symptoms which can require extensive medical treatment.
- Some injuries are, of course, permanent. How do you place a value upon the loss of an eye or limb? What about a finger? To a police officer, a lost finger might not place a huge burden on his or her career, but a concert pianist may be forced to find a new career altogether. This is not a minor inconvenience. It is a permanent injury that is legally entitled to compensation … for the full value of the lost career.
- Animal attacks can also cause permanent damage. In addition to the immediate treatment for cuts and bruises, there is the possibility that the victim may contract a wide variety of diseases from the animal. The psychological trauma of being unexpectedly attacked is also a very real – and compensable – injury.
At Gerson & Schwartz, our Edgewater personal injury lawyers represent people injured in a wide variety of accidents, including pedestrian accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, rollover accidents, and many others.Call Gerson & Schwartz, P.A. Today to Speak with an Edgewater Personal Injury Attorney
The lawyers of Gerson & Schwartz, P.A. have over 43 years of experience protecting the rights of personal injury victims in Edgewater and the greater Miami area. We will fight for you and protect your right to be compensated for your injuries. We are committed to bringing every case we handle to a favorable resolution and are not hesitant to take a case to trial if it is in our clients’ best interests. Call our office today at 877-475-2905 to schedule your free consultation with an attorney. You can also email us through our online contact form.