Hialeah Car Accident Lawyer
- “If he wasn’t texting, he would have been watching the road!”
- “She just ran the light!”
- “What am I going to do now!?”
- “Was it that important to make the light?!”
- “They came right-out-of-nowhere!”
- “How didn’t he see me!?”
If you have ever been in a car accident, some, if not most, of the above may sound too familiar to you. The whole experience can prove frustrating, emotionally/financially draining, and sometimes, where serious injury or death is involved, devastating to friends and loved ones. In the midst of this stressful episode, it is important to have an attorney who will strongly advocate for your rights. If the accident happened in Hialeah, a Hialeah car accident lawyer is your best bet for protection against the other driver’s insurance company.Traveling in Hialeah
As the sixth-largest city in the state, Hialeah is home to thousands of residents using the local roadways each and every day. The city is known as a transportation hub in large part because most of the major thoroughfares wind through the area at some point. This includes I-75, the Florida Turnpike, Palmetto Expressway, and US-27.Car Accident Checklist
Immediately after a car accident, there are a series of steps you should follow to ensure your safety, shield yourself from liability, and best support your claim for recovery.
- Move your Vehicle: Although you have just had an accident, your vehicle may still pose a risk to others, and you may still be in harm’s way. Whenever possible, move your vehicle to a safe location (for example, the right shoulder of the highway). When stopped, make sure that your car is off, remove your keys from the ignition, and ask then ask the other driver to do the same.
- Contact Police Officers: Adrenaline and tempers are likely to be high. Staying calm is the best way to ensure a more positive outcome. Florida requires a traffic report must be filed if the accident results in at least $500.00 of property damage, injury, or death. So one of the first steps is to immediately call 911 and report the accident.
- Exchange Information: In the heat of the moment it is important not to forget to get the basic information from others involved in the accident. This includes insurance details, license numbers, vehicle registration information, and more. In addition, getting contact information from witnesses is crucial. If fault is contested, the information shared by others at the scene may be invaluable in a legal case.
- Obtain Medical Attention: Obviously if there are serious injuries, then medical attention need be sought right away. However, even in situations where you do not feel injured, some harm may be hidden by the adrenaline of the situation. The full trauma of an accident is may not be felt for few days, making it important to seek medical treatment as soon as possible after the accident.
- Secure a Car Accident lawyer As Soon As Possible: After an accident the involved auto insurance companies will likely contact you, ask, questions, and otherwise try to begin handling the matter. Do NOT give statements until you get in touch with a Hialeah car accident attorney. The insurance company is not looking out for your best interest.
If you or someone you love has been the victim of a Hialeah car accident you may be owed monetary compensation for your injuries and property damage. Do not talk with insurance company officials until contacting one of the experienced Hialeah car accident lawyers at Gerson & Schwartz. You can reach us at (877) 475-2905, and we can set up a free consultation.
You can explain what happened during the consultation, and we will then determine whether we can help ensure you receive proper redress for your losses. We work on a contingency fee basis, and so you have no financial obligation unless you successfully secure compensation for the injuries in the accident. Please do not delay, call us today.