Miami Dade Motorcycle Accidents
Serious motorcycle accidents in Miami Dade can leave riders facing a lifetime of consequences. This is because when motorcyclists are in accidents, they are at a greater risk of experiencing debilitating injuries or fatalities than other motor vehicle drivers. Based on data compiled by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, approximately 80% of motor vehicle accidents each year result in injury or death. If you are a motorcyclist whose life has been changed by a motorcycle accident in Miami Dade, it is important to realize that an accident attorney can help you recover the compensation you deserve for your losses. At Gerson & Schwartz, PA, we understand both how exhilarating motorcycle riding can be as well as how devastating the consequences of motorcycle accidents are. Our compassionate attorneys are committed to fighting for the results you deserve. Contact our law office today by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your free case evaluation.Florida Motorcycle Laws
Florida requires motorcyclists to follow certain rules when traveling on the road. These regulations were created to protect all motorists and obeying the laws can greatly help to reduce the number of motorcycle accidents that occur. All motorcyclists in Florida should be aware of these regulations and follow them at all times. The critical laws that Florida motorcyclists should know include the following:
- Florida motorcyclists must have a proper class E license to operate their bikes. Motorcyclists in Florida are also required to complete a Basic Riders Course.
- Florida does not require either riders or passengers of motorcycles to wear helmets in certain conditions. To not wear a helmet, a motorcyclist must be over the age of 21 and maintain an insurance policy with a $10,000 minimum in medical coverage.
- Motorcyclists must remember to use their headlights during all hours of the day. Courts frequently determine headlight violations to be contributing factors in motorcycle accidents.
- Motorcycle drivers must follow all roadways rules and regulations the same that any other motor vehicle driver would.
Following these and other regulations is one of the best ways that motorcyclists can avoid being injured in motorcycle accidents in Miami Dade. It can also help to follow general motorcycle safety tips.
If these steps are followed, motorcyclists can also greatly reduce their risk of being found liable for accidents. Despite the precautions taken, motorcycle accidents will still happen; one of the best steps to take after these collisions is to promptly retain the assistance of an attorney capable of handling your personal injury case and fighting for the compensation you deserve.Florida Motorcycle Result in Deadly Injuries
Many motorcycle accidents in Miami Dade have deadly results. If no one dies in the accident, there is still a substantial chance of serious injuries. Helmets can reduce the chance of many traumatic brain injuries. Helmet, however, cannot prevent the risk of all head injuries. Some of the most common injuries known to result from motorcycle accidents include brain damage, broken bones, concussions, joint injuries, nerve damage, road rash, and soft tissue damage. Even if these injuries are not deadly, they can end up being life-changing.Common Causes of Florida Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents in Miami Dade can be caused by a number of factors, and some of the most common causes include the following:
- Distracted driving. It is common to see drivers in Miami-Dade County with their faces buried in their phones rather than focused on the road ahead. While it is illegal to text and drive in Florida, law enforcement cannot pull you over for that act alone. Texting while driving in Florida is a common cause of motorcycle accidents.
- Intoxicated driving. Combining alcohol and/or drugs with driving is still a substantial problem. When a driver is intoxicated on alcohol or drugs, that driver endangers the lives of everyone else on the road.
- Reckless driving. Countless reckless drivers in Florida switch lanes without signaling or giving nearby drivers adequate warnings. This can lead to deadly motorcycle accidents.
- Road conditions. Some road conditions can make things dangerous for motorcyclists like speed bumps, potholes, and gravel or rocks on the road. These hazards often result in motorcyclists losing control of their vehicles and incurring serious injuries.
Motorcycle accidents can occur regardless of where a person rides, although there are certain spots that are particularly deadly. Some of the most common locations for motorcycle accident in Miami Dade include the following:
- The Daytona Loop
- Ocala National Forest Loop
- Ocean Drive
- Okeechobee Loop
- Route 27, which offers a landscape of farms
- Sawgrass Recreation Park
- Scenic SR 13
- US Route 41, which runs through the Everglades
- Vero Beach Loop
If you are injured in a motorcycle accident in Miami Dade, you should not hesitate to speak with a knowledgeable attorney at Gerson & Schwartz, PA. Our lawyers understand the challenges faced by motorcycle accident victims, and we are prepared to fight for the compensation you need to recover, such as medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Contact our law office today for assistance.