Tamiami Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
If you have been injured, contact a Tamiami slip and fall lawyer at Gerson & Schwartz at 305-371-6000 for a free consultation. With a population of over 58,000, residents living in Tamiami can enjoy outdoors by visiting the city’s parks and lakes. The warm weather and sunny skies also encourages bicycling, hiking on trails, or just taking a walk around the city. Tamiami’s streets are filled with shops, restaurants, and local businesses. With two large colleges and malls located nearby, Tamiami is a busy city filled with residents, students, and visitors.
With the many shops, grocery stores, restaurants, and retail establishments, as well as abundant outdoor activities, Tamiami residents may become victims of a slip and fall accident. Serious slip and fall accidents often occur in ordinary places. Whether it is walking into an elevator, stepping onto an escalator, or just browsing through a store, slip and fall accidents can occur anywhere.
When businesses and property owners do not ensure safe walking conditions on their property, slip and fall accidents can happen. Obstructions or debris on the floor, broken stairs, tree roots protruding through the pavement, and potholes in parking lots can cause injury to an unsuspecting person. Slip and fall accidents can result in serious injury and, in some cases, death. Injuries sustained may be serious enough that you may not be able to work. Loss of wages and an inability to pay medical bills may impact you and your family, through no fault of your own.
Our Tamiami slip and fall accident lawyers serve victims in the following roles:
- Property owner negligence Tamiami slip and fall accident attorney
- Floor debris slip and fall accident lawyer in Tamiami
- Tamiami employer negligence slip and fall accident attorney
- Hazardous walking conditions slip and fall accident lawyer in Tamiami
- Tamiami slip and fall accident attorney for homeowner negligence
- Lack of repair slip and fall accident attorney in Tamiami
- Tamiami escalator slip and fall accident attorney
- Elevator slip and fall accident attorney in Tamiami
- Tamiami broken stairs slip and fall accident attorney
When businesses and property owners do not take reasonable steps to ensure that walking conditions are safe, people may slip and fall. Typical slip and fall accidents may include:
- Falling down stairs – Stairs that are broken, poorly lit, or are missing handrails can cause falls.
- Parking lot falls – Potholes or broken asphalt can cause a person to slip or step unevenly, ultimately leading to a fall
- Changes in flooring – Moving from carpet to hardwood floor or other surfaces that may not be even can cause slips and falls
- Obstacles and debris – Objects that block walkways, either partially or completely, causing the injured party to walk around, step over, or slip on the debris
- Curbs – Uneven, broken, or hidden curbs can cause slip and falls
- Elevators and escalators – entering or leaving an elevator or escalator can cause slipping and falling if the walkways are uneven
Failure of a business or property owner to maintain a safe walking environment may cause people to slip and fall. Common injuries in a slip and fall accident include;
- Injuries to the head, neck, or back
- Broken bones
- Torn ligaments
- Sprains and muscle strain
Medical treatment should be sought immediately to prevent further injury. While insurance companies may rush in to settle quickly, know what your rights are. Longer term physical rehabilitation or medical treatment may be necessary in your recovery, resulting in more medical costs and possibly lost wages after your initial treatment. If you or your loved one has been the victim of a slip and fall accident, contact our Tamiami slip and fall attorneys to find out what your options may be for lost wages and medical treatment.Tamiami Slip and Fall Attorneys
Our attorneys currently serve clients in Tamiami and its surrounding cities. The Tamiami slip and fall accident attorneys at Gerson & Schwartz can help you and your family to get on the path of recovery. If you or your loved one has been injured in a slip and fall accident, contact us at 305-371-6000 for a free consultation.