West Palm Beach Car Accident Lawyer
- “If she wasn’t on her phone, she would’ve seen me turning!”
- “He just ran the light!”
- “How didn’t he see me!?”
- “Was it that important to make the light?!”
- “It just wasn’t my fault!”
- “What am I going to do now!?”
If you have ever been in a West Palm Beach car accident, some of the above may sound too familiar to you. The whole experience can prove frustrating, emotionally and financially draining. In the most serious cases, the accident may even end a life. In the midst of this stressful and life-altering episode, it is important to have an attorney who will strongly advocate for your rights so that the legal details are handled as efficiently as possible. If the accident happened in West Palm Beach, a West Palm Beach car accident attorney is your best bet for protection against the other driver’s insurance company.Traveling in West Palm Beach
West Palm Beach is one of the largest municipalities in the South Florida Metropolitan area based on land size, meaning many residents travel considerable distances each day. When in the car, local resident likely use various Florida highways. Highway 1 travels right through downtown. I-95 cuts across the city and the Florida Turnpike is on the city’s west side.West Palm Beach Car Accident Checklist
An attorney can walk you through all of the legal steps following an accident, but it is important to act prudently even in the immediate aftermath of an accident. Some basic issues to keep in mind include:
- Call 911: State law requires that a requires that a traffic report to be completed if the accident results in at least $500.00 of property damage, injury, or death. So your first step is to immediately call 911 and report the accident, making sure to inform the operator if any injuries suffered that may require immediate medical attention.
- Avoid Secondary Accidents: It is common for one accident to lead to others, as motorists drive upon the accident scene unaware. To avoid this, be sure to move your vehicle to a safe location (where possible). When in the median or shoulder, make sure that your car is off and the keys are removed from the ignition.
- Exchange Information: When exchanging information with the other driver(s), make sure to obtain their 1) insurance information, 2) driver’s license number, and 3) vehicle registration. Talk to witnesses near the accident scene, as well, and be sure to get their contact information. If you have a camera (or a camera-phone) take pictures of the cars, their positions, the weather conditions, and other details so that there is a record that may be useful in future legal actions.
- Get A Lawyer Before Talking with Insurance Companies: You will likely be contacted by insurance companies shortly after the accident. Remember: You do not have to give a statement to the other party’s insurance company. It is usually best to refuse to make comments about the accident until you have talked with a car accident lawyer.
If you or someone you love has been involved in a West Palm Beach Car Accident you could be owed monetary compensation for injuries to your property or person. Please contact one of the experienced car accident lawyers of Gerson & Schwartz, at (877) 475-2905 for your FREE consultation. Certain causes of action are time sensitive, limited by something known as the Statute of Limitations. This can mean the success of your case depends on you contacting one of our attorneys as soon as possible.