Aventura Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention report that traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) are the leading cause of both death and disability in the United States. Approximately 2.8 million Americans die each year from traumatic brain injuries. While they can be minor concussions, these injuries can also be catastrophic and end up jeopardizing a person’s life. An experienced Aventura traumatic brain injury accident lawyer knows how hard these injuries can be on the victims and their families. We are here to help you pursue the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
If you or a loved one has been in an accident that led to a traumatic brain injury, you should speak with a lawyer right away. At Gerson & Schwartz, PA, we understand how debilitating these conditions can be, which is why we are passionately committed to fighting for the results that TBI victims deserve. While you focus on your recovery, we will work on creating the strongest legal strategy possible for your case. Contact our law office today at our toll-free number by calling 305-371-6000 or try us toll (877) 475-2905 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a free case evaluation. All cases are confidential and there are no upfront costs to get started.Common Causes of Traumatic Brain Injuries in Florida
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention has compiled data addressing the most common causes of traumatic brain injuries and concussions. Some of the most common causes of these injuries include the following:
- Medical malpractice, which can occur at facilities like which can occur at hospitals like Aventura Hospital & Medical Center and Mount Sinai Medical Center Aventura
- Motor vehicle accidents, which might occur at locations like the William Lehman Causeway or Collins Avenue
- Physical assault- which can occur at Aventura parks like Peace Park, Founders Park & Splash, or Veterans Park
- Slip, trip and falls, which can occur at places like Town Center Aventura and Aventura Square
While it can be confusing to decide how to best proceed after a traumatic brain injury accident, one of the best steps that you can take is to promptly retain the assistance of an Aventura traumatic brain injury accident lawyer.Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
No two brain injuries are the same. The best Aventura traumatic brain injury accident lawyer, however, will bring the same compassion to each case.
TBIs are often classified as either open head or closed head injuries. Open head injuries occur when the scalp or skull is broken or penetrated. These injuries often have terrifying implications because removing objects from the skull can be dangerous. Closed head injuries, however, can be just as serious and are caused by an impact to the head without any foreign object entering the brain. No matter what you are facing, if someone else is responsible for your injuries, you have the right to pursue compensation from the at-fault party.
Some of the most common types of traumatic brain injuries include the following:
- Concussions, which are sudden blows to the head that are often accompanied by the loss of consciousness or temporary memory loss.
- Diffuse axonal injury, which refers to an injury to the brain that does not cause bleeding but often does result in the damage of brain cells so that they can no longer function as they once did. While not as visibly apparent as diffuse axonal injury, the injury can result in permanent brain impairment and even death.
- Hematoma, which is a collection or clotting of blood outside the blood vessels. When hematomas occur in the brain, the results are often deadly.
- Hemorrhage, which is uncontrolled bleeding. This bleeding can occur in the space around your brain, referred to as subarachnoid hemorrhage, or intracerebral hemorrhage, which refers to bleeding in the brain tissue. Subarachnoid hemorrhages are often accompanied by headaches and vomiting, while intracerebral hemorrhages often involve the buildup of blood.
- Edema, which encompasses any brain injury that leads to swelling. Many injuries cause swelling of the surrounding tissues, but this is a much more deadly condition when it occurs in your brain because your skull often cannot stretch to match swelling.
- Skull fractures, which occur in the skull even though the skull is extremely strong and difficult to break. Broken skulls are unable to absorb the impact of a blow, increasing the chances that your brain will be damaged.
One of the biggest challenges presented by diagnosing a traumatic brain injury is that not all conditions are readily apparent. Any Aventura traumatic brain injury accident lawyer will likely inform you that it is a good idea to receive a medical evaluation if you incur any type of blow or jolt to the head. It can take several days for the symptoms of a traumatic brain injury to reveal themselves. Some of the symptoms that are most commonly associated with traumatic brain injuries include:
- Balance problems
- Blurred vision
- Double vision
- Loss of consciousness
- Persistent headache
- Ringing in the ears
- Sensitivity to light or noise
- Sleep disturbances
If you experience any of these symptoms, you should not hesitate to see a medical professional who can perform a full evaluation and then help to treat your condition. An Aventura traumatic brain injury accident lawyer can help you locate a suitable medical expert if you are having trouble finding one.Speak with an Experienced Aventura Traumatic Brain Injury Accident Lawyer
Because TBIs are often complicated, victims benefit from having a lawyer guide them through pursuing a traumatic brain injury lawsuit. At Gerson & Schwartz, PA we are dedicated to helping people impacted by these injuries hold the accountable parties responsible. We have the necessary experience to make sure that your rights are protected. Remember, there is no fee unless we are successful in obtaining compensation for you. Contact us today to schedule a free case evaluation.