Best Personal Injury Attorneys in Miami
When injured in a Miami accident you likely will need to contact the best Miami Florida personal injury lawyers you can identify. Your injuries may change the course of your life. If your injuries are serious or catastrophic nothing will likely be the same anymore. That will also affect your own finances but personal and business relationships from family, friends and co-workers. Not just because they care about you but because they may lose your support, services, and other forms of financial and emotional support that you provide.
It may be possible to be compensated by a liable party but there is demanding work to be done before getting it. At the Gerson & Schwartz PA we have helped personal injury clients for decades. Every day we see negligent business operators and other negligent parties try to avoid financial responsibility for their careless or reckless acts. They simply don't want to pay for your damages and the harms and losses even though they have caused them. They would rather pay a lawyer to defend them instead of paying you. We invite call our Miami personal injury attorneys at Gerson & Schwartz. We are available for free consultations at (305) 371-6000.
Negligent parties and insurance companies that defend them them will fight you every step of the way. Insurance company representatives are experts at understanding case value. That's why you need the best personal injury attorney in Miami, Florida. The do-it-yourself approach hits a wall when faced with a seasoned defense lawyer or a cold-experienced insurance company adjuster on the other side. Any settlement offer made by an insurance company representative in the absence of experienced legal counsel on your side is a mistake.
If you find yourself needing the best personal injury lawyer in Miami here are a few tips and criteria for choosing the best lawyer for your accident case in Miami, Florida.
- Close your eyes to advertising. Some lawyer has paid to appear on TV or a billboard. Does it mean that he wins every case? No, it means that he has paid to be there. That's why you should not only rely on advertising materials or at least take it with a grain of salt when choosing a lawyer. Catchy phrase or jingle shouldn’t persuade you.
- Check out their Google reviews and online reputation. Clients leave reviews about their experience with all lawyers on services like Google maps, Justia, Avvo.com and others. A quick Google search will take you to these reviews and let you know what some past clients happy and unhappy say in their performance for previous clients. Don’t just read one. And of course be weary of any personal injury law firm in Dade County that only has 5 stars or a “perfect record”.
- Schedule a meeting. Make a short list of who you think are the best personal injury lawyers in Miami, Florida and call them to schedule a meeting. Not all cases are meant for every law firm. You'll also see how responsive they are. By the end of the meeting you'll also likely get an idea about them and if their firm is best suited for your needs.
- Ask about prior experience. If you are looking for the best Miami personal injury lawyer then you want to be represented by someone who has experience behind them. Avoid young attorneys or “junior” lawyers who are just getting their feet wet in the personal injury law practice. An inexperienced lawyer lacks court room skills and insight to appreciate how a personal injury claim may be perceived in a court of law. And an experienced personal injury attorney will have a better understanding of case value and different legal and evidentiary issues that may impact your claim. Don’t let an experienced lawyer learn on your Miami injury case. It’s too important for you. You need experience legal help. After all, no one wants to be a surgeon’s first operation. Same goes for personal injury lawyers.
- Ask if they specialize or focus in personal injury claims. Jacks of all trades have some knowledge of everything, but a real in-depth knowledge of nothing. The same may apply for attorneys with more than one practice. The more specialized the lawyer, the more likely they will have better knowledge and experience in cases like yours.
- How many personal injury cases have the tried to verdict? Too often many injuries my victims in Miami overlook asking a lawyer they’re interviewing how many times they’ve actually tried a case to a jury verdict. When deciding on who you will be relying on for justice in court we recommend perspective clients ask how many cases they’ve actually tried through a jury verdict. When was the last time? And ask what percentage of their practice is devoted to representing injure victims? How many cases has the lawyer tried in court that is similar to yours? Don’t overlook asking these important question when deciding who is the best personal injury law office in Miami, Florida for your case.
- Do they handle cases on a contingency basis? If you don't have money to invest in what may be a long legal procedure in front of you, then you'll want to hire a lawyer that works on a contingency basis. That means that they finance your case and don't receive fees unless they get you compensated. If they win, they get a share of the compensation. If they don't win, they don't get money, so there is no invoice for attorneys’ fees for you.
The Miami Florida personal injury attorneys at Gerson & Schwartz PA are available for free consultations. To schedule an appointment call (305) 371-6000. We handle cases on a contingency basis which means that you pay nothing unless we recover for you. Our law offices also serve the communities in Miami Dade including Aventura, Kendall, Hialeah, Coral Gables, Doral, Miami Beach, Key Biscayne, Homestead, Tamiami, Opa-Locka, and Miami Lakes, Westchester, North Miami and Fontainebleau.