Car Accident Lawyer in North Miami Beach, Florida
There is no question that car accidents are a serious problem in Florida and throughout the US, but statistics from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) put things into perspective. There are almost 400,600 total crashes in the state every year, and more than 64,500 of them occur in Miami-Dade County. For injured victims and the families of those killed in these incidents, the losses can be devastating.
If you were hurt or lost a loved one in a car accident in North Miami Beach, Florida law does provide you with legal options to recover compensation for your losses. The process can be complicated, however, so you will need skilled representation to obtain the monetary damages you deserve. Since 1970, the Miami personal injury law offices of Gerson & Schwartz have been helping victims serious injured in in car crash cases in North Miami Beach.
Instead of putting your rights at risk, trust our team at Gerson & Schwartz to assist. You can contact our firm to set up a free consultation with a North Miami Beach car accident lawyer by calling 305-371-6000 or toll free at 877-475-2905. Or send contact us online at firstname.lastname@example.org. Se Habla Espanol.North Miami Beach, Florida
The city of North Miami Beach is often referred to as NMB. Originally called Fulford-by-the-Sea, after Captain William H. Fulford, the city changed its name in 1931. Today NMB is home to almost 50,000 residents, and visitors flock to its beautiful sandy beaches and wildlife-filled state parks all year long. Because it is located in Miami-Dade county, there is also a great deal of traffic on the roadways of NMB. For this reason, the city sees its fair share of car accidents.How Often do Florida Car Accidents Occur?
Additional figures from the FLHSMV demonstrate the dangers of auto crashes throughout the state and by county. The details reveal how common car crashes are in Florida:
- On average, there are almost 1,100 total motor vehicle accidents every day across Florida;
- More than 3,100 victims are killed in the 2,900 fatal crashes that occur in Miami-Dade County annually; and,
- There are almost 161,600 car accidents in North Miami Beach every year, causing injuries to over 248,200 victims.
Though the underlying causes may vary, vehicle collisions usually occur because of driver carelessness. In legal terms, this concept is called negligence and you must prove certain facts to establish your right to compensation. A North Miami Beach car accident attorney will investigate and collect evidence with respect to these four essential elements:
- You need to show that the responsible motorist had a duty to exercise reasonable care while driving;
- You must prove that this person breached this legal duty through careless or reckless conduct;
- You have to establish a causal link between the breach of duty and the car accident in which you were injured; and,
- You need to prove that you suffered losses because of your injuries.
We can be of service, no matter how you were injured, in the capacity as:
- North Miami Beach hit-and-run crash law firm
- Distracted driving accident attorneys in North Miami Beach
- Rear-end crash injury law firm in North Miami Beach
- North Miami Beach multiple-vehicle accident lawyers
- North Miami Beach catastrophic injury law firm
- North Miami Beach attorneys for head-on collision victims
Compensation in a vehicle accident is intended to put you in the same position you would be if the incident had never happened, to the greatest extent possible. By establishing the above elements of negligence, you may qualify to obtain damages for:
- Your medical costs;
- Lost wages;
- Pain and suffering;
- Diminished quality of life;
- Losses based upon how your injuries affect your personal relationships; and,
- Much more.
However, you should note that Florida has a law on comparative negligence, which puts the focus on your own conduct when you have been injured in a car accident. If you were partly responsible for causing the incident, your compensation will be reduced by the proportion of fault attributable to you. At Gerson & Schwartz, a car crash lawyer in North Miami Beach will work to overcome the implications of comparative negligence so that you may recover the full amount of damages available by law.Protect Your Rights After a North Miami Auto Accident
Your first priority as the victim of a vehicle collision is getting medical care for your injuries. By seeking treatment, you support your physical recovery and your rights in a car accident claim. The next step is reaching out to a North Miami Beach auto crash attorney, so your lawyer can handle the necessary legal tasks. If you are physically able, there are a few things to take care of right away at the scene of the crash:
- Exchange contact details with the responsible driver, but do not mention anything about fault or the nature of your injuries.
- Use your cell phone to take pictures of the scene, surrounding area, and all vehicles.
- Get contact information from anyone who may have witnessed the crash.
- If an insurance adjuster calls you, your only words should be confirming your contact information. Never answer questions about fault or your injuries, and do not allow your conversation to be recorded.
This information may be useful in helping you understand the basic concepts, but there is much more to the auto crash claims process than you might expect. As such, it is important to retain an experienced lawyer to tackle the legal tasks while you recover from your injuries. To learn more about how we can help, please contact Gerson & Schwartz to schedule a complimentary case assessment. You can reach our office by calling us at 305-371-6000 or toll free at 877-475-2905 or email us email@example.com. Se Habla Espanol.