Car Accidents in Broward
Statistics reveal that 30,000 crashes occur in Florida each year. Additionally, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that 2.44 individuals ended up with car accident-related injuries and that 35,092 people died in 2015. Despite this risk, most people in Broward have to drive daily. While most people believe that they will not end up in an accident, the truth is that no one is safe from the risk of car accidents in Broward. Accidents occur when motorists least expect them. For this reason, it is critical to know how to respond if you are ever injured in a car accident.
At Gerson & Schwartz, PA, we are focused on helping the victims of car accidents across Florida navigate the difficult aftermath. Our attorneys are focused on fighting for the compensation you deserve so that you can focus on your physical recovery. Contact our law office toll-free at (877) 475-2905 or by email at email@example.com to schedule your free case evaluation.Common Accident Sites in Florida
Motorists in Florida frequent certain stretches of road more often than others. Increased traffic in a certain area increases the risk of car accidents there. Some of the most common spots for cars and car accidents in Broward include the following:
- Alligator Alley, which passes between Fort Lauderdale and Naples
- Florida Scenic Highway A1A, which travels through various parts of the state including Bal Harbour, Haulover Beach, Aventure, North Miami Beach, Lloyd State Park, Hallandale Beach, Hollywood, and Fort Lauderdale
- Henry E Kinney Tunnel
- Hillsboro Inlet Park
- Hollywood Beach-Boardwalk
- Hugh Taylor Birch State Park
- Vista View Park
- Von D. Mizell and Eula Johnson State Park
While motorists should try to stay safe while navigating any Florida road, sometimes crashes are unavoidable. If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a car crash, our experienced personal injury attorneys can help you fight for the compensation you deserve for your losses.Understanding What Makes a Driver Negligent
If one driver in Florida negligently causes another person's injuries, the negligent driver can be held legally responsible for all of the victims' resulting losses - or damages. Because most Florida drivers have insurance, victims are able to receive compensation through the responsible driver's insurance carrier. Unfortunately, pursuing compensation from insurance companies is often difficult. Some of the most common causes of car accidents in Broward include the following:
- Distracted driving, which involves any type of distraction that even momentarily takes a driver's attention off the road. Some of the most common types of distractions include texting, talking on the phone, playing with a GPS, eating, drinking, or putting on makeup.
- Drivers who do not receive adequate rest or who fall asleep while driving. This can lead to drivers entering the opposing lane and creating deadly head-on car accidents.
- Combining alcohol or drugs with motor vehicle operation can create deadly car accidents. While many accidents are caused by drunk driving, it is just as deadly to combine prescription medications, sleep aids, or any type of illegal drug with motor vehicle operation.
- Reckless driving refers to any type of vehicle operation that fails to follow recommended driving strategies and can include things like following vehicles too closely, changing lanes suddenly, running red lights, merging without looking both ways, and failing to signal.
- Failing to obey the speed limit or driving too fast for the conditions. This can lead to drivers losing control of their vehicles and ending up in deadly car accidents.
- Vehicle defects, which can take various forms including faulty brake pads or airbags. In these cases, it is often possible to pursue compensation against the manufacturer or distributor of the defective vehicle part.
- Inadequate warnings about road construction, or failure to properly slow down for work sites.
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance.
- Road defects, which might include dangerous turns or poor road quality.
If you have been seriously injured in a car accident, you should not hesitate to pursue compensation with the help of your attorney. If you do not pursue a claim within the statute of limitations, you may lose your chance entirely. Actions based on negligence in Florida must be initiated no later than four years from the date of the accident or injury. This window of time applies whether you are pursuing a lawsuit or seeking a settlement from the insurance company. Additionally, if you wait too long to pursue a claim after a car accident, you risk losing evidence about how the accident occurred as well as contact information for any witnesses who saw the accident occur.Speak with an Experienced Florida Car Accident Attorney Today
We want to make sure that you receive the maximum amount of compensation possible for the losses you have incurred in a car accident. The skilled attorneys at Gerson & Schwartz, PA can help you pursue a personal injury lawsuit against the party responsible. If you have been impacted by a car accident in Broward, contact our law office today toll free at (877) 475-2905 to schedule your free consultation.