Coral Gables Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
There are many features that draw people to Florida, including the state’s beaches, amusement parks, and picturesque climate. Living in Florida is not without its drawbacks, however. The state recently became the worst state for pedestrian safety. Nine of the deadliest 20 cities in the country are also located in Florida. If you have been injured while walking around your neighborhood, or anywhere else in Florida, contact one a Coral Gables pedestrian accident lawyer for help.
If you are a pedestrian who was injured in an accident, you have the right to hold the party responsible for your accident accountable. Our experienced pedestrian accident lawyers can help you obtain compensation you deserve for your losses. At Gerson & Schwartz, PA, we focus on fighting for the compensation you need to recover for serious and life changing injuries. Contact our Coral Gables pedestrian injury law office today toll-free at (877) 475-2905 or via email at email@example.com.Deadly Roads in Coral Gables
Our Coral Gables pedestrian accident lawyers and attorneys understand that there are many deadly roads in our area for pedestrians, which include
- US 1 and Bird Road
- Coral Way
- South Dixie Highway and Lejeune Road
- US 1 and Old Cutler Road
- Ponce DeLeon Boulevard
- US 1 and 57th Avenue
When pedestrians are involved in an accident, it can be difficult to determine who is liable for the resulting damages. Fortunately, every pedestrian injury lawyer in Coral Gables, Florida at our law firm has substantial experience analyzing accident evidence to determine parties who may be at fault and why someone else may be responsible.
Many pedestrians who are injured in Coral Gables may pursue financial compensation for money damages from the at-fault parties through a personal injury lawsuit based on the theory of negligence. These lawsuits are based on principles of negligence which state we owe a duty to use reasonable care to others. By hiring a lawyer will involve establishing several legal requirements that the driver had a legal duty to follow safety rules and road regulations, that the driver breached this duty, and that as a result of the driver’s breach of this duty, the pedestrian ended up with damages ranging from physical injury, emotional harm and financial consequences.
Florida courts permit award compensation in negligence cases, but they also consider the fault of all parties involved through the theory of comparative negligence. This theory states that if the victim is partially responsible for causing an accident, the amount of compensation that the victim receives is reduced by the victim’s own percentage of fault. That’s why you need the best Coral Gables pedestrian accident lawyer to help.Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
Accidents involving pedestrians can be caused by a number of different factors, the most common of which include the following:
- Many pedestrians accidents occur each year because of the negligence of distracted drivers. Tragically, many of these accidents result in the death of innocent pedestrians. Distractions include various activities like talking on the cell phone, having too many passengers in a car, fiddling with the radio, or adjusting the GPS. Many distracted driving accidents also occur at intersections, where pedestrians are particularly vulnerable to being struck by vehicles. If you have been struck by a distracted driver, do not hesitate to speak with one of our Coral Gables pedestrian accident lawyers.
- Drivers are not the only ones who must tune out distractions. Distracted pedestrians can also end up in accidents. Pedestrians who are reading books or taking on the phone while walking often grow distracted and fail to see nearby vehicles before it is too late.
- Coral Gables is a busy city, and drivers here are always in a rush to get to one destination or another. Unfortunately, countless drivers ignore road regulations and drive aggressively. Reckless driving includes various patterns like speeding, changing lanes suddenly, and making illegal turns. Reckless driving might result in serious damages.
- Many pedestrian accidents occur because motor vehicle operators, bicyclists, and pedestrians are not following the law. It is critical that anyone who traverses Florida’s roads understands who has the right of way as well as whether there are any special rules that apply to them.
- Combining alcohol and drugs with motor vehicle operation is deadly. Drunk drivers experience delayed reaction times and often struggle to respond to sudden road emergencies in time. Drunk drivers are also more likely to enter the opposing lane of traffic and pass through red lights and stop signs. Intoxicated pedestrians can also prove dangerous. Drunk pedestrians are more likely to fall into traffic or enter the road without being cautious. This can quickly result in pedestrians being struck by vehicles.
- Unfortunately, deadly pedestrian accidents are more likely when large vehicles and sports utility vehicles are involved. Because sports utility vehicles are more popular today than ever, this has resulted in an increase in the number of pedestrian accidents. Sports utility vehicles are two times more likely to kill pedestrians than smaller passenger vehicles.
There are several unique ways in which our pedestrian accident lawyers and attorneys in Coral Gables, Florida that can help injured pedestrians pursue compensation. Some of these options include:
- Personal injury protection. Every driver in Florida is required to purchase personal injury protection, which pays for a portion of medical bills and applies to damages incurred in pedestrian accidents. If an injured pedestrian carries personal injury protection insurance on their own motor vehicle insurance policy or if someone else in their house has insurance of this kind, they can pursue compensation under one of these policies.
- The responsible driver. It is possible for the injured party to initiate a claim and pursue a claim under the driver’s insurance policy.
- Liability lawsuits. If the driver or other party responsible for the pedestrian accident does not have sufficient insurance to cover all losses, the injured pedestrian can file a civil lawsuit to pursue damages.
Even if you do everything possible to avoid pedestrian accidents, there is still a risk of getting injured. If you or a loved one needs the assistance of one of our skilled Coral Gables pedestrian accident lawyers, do not hesitate to contact Gerson & Schwartz, PA today. Call (305) 371-6000 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.