Coral Springs Slip and Fall Lawyer
If you were injured in a fall on someone else’s property, we recommend contacting a Coral Springs slip and fall lawyer at Gerson & Schwartz P.A. as soon as possible. Falls are an unfortunate aspect of life. There are times when we slip, trip, or stumble. However, this should never happen because the property you are on is not safe for guests.
You should be confident in navigating public areas, businesses, and friends and acquaintances’ homes. And you may think you are safe until you encounter a hazard that causes you to slip and fall and get hurt. It is following this injury that you should contact a slip and fall attorney in Coral Springs to discuss your legal options, such as pursuing a premises liability claim. To speak with one of our veteran attorneys at Gerson & Schwartz P.A., you can request a free consultation through our online form or call (877) 475-2905.About Coral Springs, Florida
Coral Springs is part of the Miami metropolitan area and is located in Broward County, Florida. The city encompasses about 24 square miles and has a population of about 133,000 people as of 2017. It is, in part, known for its specific aesthetics, which results from the city adhering to strict building codes. The city is also well known for its low crime rates and family friendly atmosphere. On Money Magazine’s “100 Best Places to Live” list, it was ranted 94th in the U.S. and 3rd in Florida in 2012. Previously, the city received the Malcolm Baldridge National Quality Award.
Coral Springs is unique for being one of the first planned cities in Florida. Builders from Fort Lauderdale purchased 3,860 acres of fields currently full of cattle and green bean crops and the city was officially chartered on July 10, 1963. These original builders were those who implemented the strict building codes and focused on the brick colonial style. Overtime, they purchased more land and continued to build out the city.
Coral Springs, like any suburban area, has many establishments where slip and falls can happen, including but not limited to:
- Restaurants, bars, clubs, and coffee shops
- Large retail stores
- Small stores and boutiques
- Grocery stores, supermarkets, and convenience stores
- Sports facilities
- Entertainment and concert venues
- Movie theaters
- Public parks
- Public and private pools
- Medical facilities
- Hotels and motels
If you slipped and fell in an establishment in Coral Springs, on public property, or in a private individual’s resident, do not hesitate to call our Coral Springs slip and fall lawyers for help.Steps to Take After a Slip and Fall in Coral Springs, FL
If you or your companion were in a slip, stumble, or trip and fall incident on someone else’s property, we recommend you:
- Report the incident to the police, and when possible, the property owner
- Request a copy of the incident report from the police or business
- Take photos and videos of the area where you fall
- Document the condition or hazard that caused your fall
- Document the events that occurred in the minutes or hours before your fall
- Ask any witnesses for their names and contact information
- Ask for the on-duty employees and managers for their names and contact information
- Obtain medical care as soon as possible
- Do not continue to wear your footwear and set them and any other relevant clothing aside at home
- Contact one of our slip and fall lawyers in Coral Springs to discuss your rights and options
Slip and falls happen for myriad reasons. Over the years, though, our attorneys have found that some of the most common causes of these incidents involve:
- Foreign and transitory substances on the ground
- Spilled food and beverages
- Standing or pooled water
- Mopped or waxed floors
- Failure to use non-skid strips
- Mats and rugs without non-slip backing
- Lack of visibility in the area
- Loose or defective handrails
- Loose or uneven stairs
- Loose, broken, and uneven tiles
- Negligent maintenance of the area
If you fell on someone else’s property because of one of these issues or another type of property defect, please do not hesitate to call us to speak with our Coral Springs slip and fall attorneys. We will promptly begin an investigation and gather as much evidence as possible.
We will look for evidence that can tell us whether;
- This type of accident has happened on the property before;
- The property owner or occupier has had ongoing issues with the flooring or surface;
- The surface met the minimum standard for slip resistance; and
- The property owner or occupier knew or should have been aware of the danger.
It is important for you to know that Florida has a specific slip and fall law that can make it challenging to prove a business is liable for your slip and fall injuries. Under Florida Statute Section 768.0755, if you slipped and fell because of a transitory foreign substance on the ground, you are required to prove the business:
- Had actual or constructive knowledge of the dangerous condition; and
- Should have acted to fix that dangerous condition.
You should speak with a Coral Springs slip and fall lawyer about proving actual or constructive knowledge. The statute enables you to establish constructive knowledge by showing:
- The dangerous condition existed for such a length of time that the business, had it been exercising reasonable care, should have known of the condition; or
- The condition happened often enough that it was foreseeable.
If you were seriously injured in a slip and fall on another person, business, or municipality’s property, contact Gerson & Schwartz P.A. online or at (305) 371-6000. Se habla Español.