Homestead, Florida Slip and Fall Accident Attorney
Homestead Florida is located in Miami Dade County and is the home of various communities. Homestead is well known for the Turkey Point and the Homestead Speedway and the historic Downtown District. Although Homestead, Florida is home of beautiful beaches at Bayfront Park and features noticeably flat geography, slip trip and fall trips can happen. You might be walking down the bleachers at the Homestead-Miami Speedway when you slipped and fell, or you might have tripped and fallen at one of Homestead’s many businesses, such as Shiver’s Bar-B-Q or in a convenience store. Or you might have fallen while walking at one of the many other retail establishments.Contact a Homestead, Florida Slip and Fall Lawyer for Help
Slip and fall cases generally fall under the area of “premises liability,” which is a complicated area of law. Much depends on what the property owner knew about the property and whether they had a duty to inspect the property to uncover hazards. Because these cases are fact-specific, you need an experienced slip and fall lawyer in Homestead your corner from the start.
However you fell, you might be entitled to financial compensation for your injuries. The Homestead, Florida slip and fall accident attorneys at Gerson & Schwartz have over four decades of experience helping clients collect compensation for their injuries. We offer a free consultation and won’t charge a fee for our services unless you collect. To find out more about how we can help contact Gerson & Schwartz at (305) 371-6000 or toll free at (877) 475-2905 to discuss the details of your accident today.
Gerson & Schwartz PA attorneys will advise you regarding your legal rights and remedies. We always conduct a thorough investigation and case evaluation. All personal injury claims are handled under a contingent fee agreement. So, there are no attorney’s fees unless we collect money on your behalf.Typical Causes of Slips, Trip and Fall Accidents Claims
Even the most careful person can fall when they slip or trip over something they did not anticipate being on the floor. Common causes of falls include:
- Mopped floors
- Rain or other debris in parking lots
- Objects left on the floor
- Uneven floorboards or sidewalks
- Loose steps
- Electrical cords running across the floor
- Worn tread on floors or on steps
- Holes in the floor or sidewalks
- Poor lighting that makes it difficult to see
Most victims are injured trying to stop the fall, which can cause them to wrench their back or sprain their ankle. Or they suffer an injury when they hit the ground, causing concussions, back injuries, pinched nerves, and broken bones.
Gerson & Schwartz PA injury attorneys can also advise you regarding your legal rights and remedies. We always conduct a thorough investigation and case evaluation. All of our personal injury claims are handled under a contingent fee agreement. So there are no attorney’s fees unless we collect money on your behalf.Common points of interest in Homestead, Florida include:
- Homestead Air Reserve Park
- James Archer Smith Park
- JD Redd Park
- Leisure Park
- Leisure Lakes Park
- Losner Park
- Mayor Roscoe Warren Municipal Park
- Modello Wayside Park
- Musselwhite Park
- Homestead Historic Downtown District
- Homestead Seaboard Air Line Railway Station
- Homestead Hospital Baptist Health South Florida
- Homestead Pavilion
- Homestead Championship Rodeo
- Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Homestead Sports Complex
- Homestead Air Reserve Base
- Knaus Berry Farm
- Monkey Jungle
Slip and fall victims in Homestead, Florida frequently find themselves in a lot of pain after falling. Nevertheless, there are things you should do to after an accident.
Seek immediate medical treatment. Ask a friend to take you to Homestead Hospital or call the ambulance.
- Avoid making statements to anyone about what happened or who is at fault. Any statements you make could be used later in a lawsuit.
- Identify witnesses and their contact information. Ask a friend or bystander to get this information if you are in too much pain.
- Save the clothes and shoes that you wore when you fell. These are important evidence.
- Take a picture of the area where you fell. Do so quickly, using your smartphone. Some hazards, like spills, can evaporate or get washed up.
- Take pictures of your injuries while they are fresh.
- Avoid talking to insurance adjusters or the owner of the property where you fell.
By taking these steps, you immediately bolster your case against the property owner. At Gerson & Schwartz, our Homestead slip & fall attorneys can fully investigate your slip and fall case; however, evidence has a way of quickly disappearing, so the more you can get soon after the fall, the better.Results That Speak for Themselves
Every case is unique, so no lawyer can promise any result. Nevertheless, Gerson & Schwartz has received numerous six-figure verdicts or settlements which we believe stand as a testament to our unflagging dedication to our clients. Below are only some of our results in slip and fall cases:
- A $700,000 jury verdict for a passenger who slipped on a Norwegian Cruise Lines cruise ship
- $ 550,000 for a slip and fall in a residential condominium.
- A $350,000 settlement for a slip and fall on a cruise ship.
- A $250,000 settlement for a client who fractured her wrist when she slipped and fell.
At your initial consultation, one of our lawyers can review the facts surrounding your fall and gauge whether you have a valid legal claim. Our lawyers can also estimate the kinds of monetary damages you can receive for the following injuries:
- Past medical expenses
- Future medical expenses
- Past, present, and future lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Inability to lead a normal life
At Gerson & Schwartz, our personal injury law offices specialize in slip and fall accident cases. Our attorneys have a combined 100 years of experience. We have sued some of the biggest businesses in the state and are here to help you. Our attorneys are dedicated to offering the highest level of service to each of our clients. Dealing with a slip and fall injury in Homestead, Florida is difficult, and we are here to help. Call us today for your free case evaluation at (305) 371-6000 or toll free at (877) 475-2905 or fill out this contact form .