How to Find the Best Personal Injury Lawyer in Hialeah
Getting injured in a Hialeah accident can place you in need of finding the best personal injury lawyer in Hialeah. Do you know how to find the best one? The Hialeah personal injury lawyers at the Gerson & Schwartz law firm have considered this question and have helpful suggestions for you. We have helped personal injury victims in Hialeah for nearly 50 years and we understand what is necessary to assist people to get the compensation they deserve. They are available to help you too. Just call them at 305-371-6000 for your free consultation.
To find the best personal injury attorney in Hialeah, we suggest you start by researching online as a good way to start. For your next steps, have in mind the following advice:
1. Ignore advertisement. If you want to find the best personal injury lawyer in Hialeah, don't simply base your decision on those who pay to look as the best. Being present in TV advertisements and billboards means that the lawyer has paid to be there. Nothing more and nothing less.
2. Look for online reviews. The best lawyers get word of mouth recommendations. You can find these recommendations online in the form of online reviews. Former clients share their experiences with personal injury lawyers on the internet so that other people could know where to look. Just a quick Google search will give you enough information. Also, you can check out lawyers' platforms such as Avvo for reviews. The best way to look at reviews is to look at those reviews as a whole – disregard the top two and the bottom two. Look at what most clients say to get a good feel for whether this is the best Hialeah accident attorney for your case.
3. Avoid “runners” at any cost. There are lawyers and medical providers who hire people called "runners." Runners chase after injured people offering them legal or medical services by some lawyer or clinic. Not only is it unethical it is also illegal. You shouldn’t place your trust with anyone who begins by breaking the law.
4. Check out if the lawyer is specialized in personal injury. Don’t hire a Jack of All Trades. Most lawyers specialize in something. Look for someone who handles your type of personal injury case on a regular basis. You don’t want to be the first surgery for a doctor and you don’t want to be an attorney’s first personal injury case either.
5. Check out if he is readily available for help. Look for personal injury lawyers who offer free initial consultations. Also, see if you get to meet with the lawyer if you want to. If not, you may consider that to be a negative in your evaluation.
6. Ask them if they do trials. You probably want a personal injury lawyer who will go to trial when necessary. Other lawyers just negotiate with insurance companies, but when the times call for filing a lawsuit, they hand the case to another lawyer. Moreover, insurance companies know who goes to trials and who doesn't. If you have a personal injury lawyer who is not afraid to go to trial, insurance companies will likely take your case more seriously.
7. Ask them if other lawyers refer cases to them. Some of the best personal injury lawyers in Hialeah will have cases from other Hialeah lawyers referred to them. Other lawyers know who the best in their community is and when it’s time to refer a case, there are very few law firms to come to their minds. You may want to consider making sure that your personal injury lawyer is one of them.
This is not an exhaustive list but it should give you a good start. The bottom line is that you need to find a personal injury lawyer that you feel comfortable with and one you can trust. When you find the right one you will probably know it – especially after doing your own research so that you make a solid, informed decision.
If you or a loved one of yours were injured or lost their lives in a Hialeah accident, the Hialeah personal injury lawyers and wrongful death attorneys at Gerson and Schwartz are available for help. Contact us for free consultations at 305-371-6000. We don't ask for fees unless we recover for you.