Miami Beach Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Miami Beach’s beautiful weather makes it a favorite destination for motorcyclists. Both residents and visitors appreciate the wide roads and great weather in Miami. For this reason, motorcycle “meet ups” are especially popular in Miami. Whether racing down Collins Avenue or Alton Road, bikers enjoy stunning views and return year after year. Unfortunately, all these bikes on the road can lead to accidents, and Miami Beach is no different from any other Florida city. If you have suffered an injury in a collision with another vehicle, financial compensation might be available.
When you’ve been hurt in a motorcycle accident it can be challenging to figure out how to request compensation for your damages. The knowledgeable Miami Beach motorcycle accident attorneys at Gerson & Schwartz have been helping Miami, Florida motorcycle accident victims for over forty years. We have developed deep relationships with the community of Miami, Florida and are proud of the work we do. Contact Gerson & Schwartz or call us at 305-371-6000, or toll free 877-475-2905 to set up a free initial consultation to discuss the details of your case today.Proving Driver Negligence
To receive compensation, you will need to show that the driver who collided with you was negligent in how they operated their motor vehicle and that their negligence caused your injuries. There are many kinds of driver negligence, including:
- Distracted driving: losing focus because of texting, talking, arguing, or reaching for something
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Aggressive driving: speeding, swerving, tailgating
- Carelessness: not checking a blind spot when changing lanes or checking in the rearview mirror when backing up
To prove negligence, you can rely on your own testimony as well as that of other witnesses. However, at Gerson & Schwartz, we go above and beyond to find additional evidence of negligence:
- We can subpoena the driver’s cell phone records to check if he or she was speaking on the phone or sending a text message when the accident occurred.
- We will track down any surveillance video that shows the crash and the driver’s actions leading up to it.
- We can inspect the vehicles involved in the crash, which can yield information about the point of impact and who was responsible.
Evidence collection takes time, dedication, and know-how. The legal team at Gerson & Schwartz has tracked down hard-to-find witnesses and obtained legal documents the other side would prefer not see the light of day. Instead of trying to build your case on your own, you should assemble a legal team who can get the evidence that you need.A History of Proven Results
The best motorcycle accident lawyers can stand on a history of proven results for their clients. Although no lawyer can guarantee that you will receive a certain amount of money—or even that you will win your case—a successful track record testifies to that lawyer’s experience and dedication.
At Gerson & Schwartz, we have obtained numerous favorable settlements and verdicts for our clients, handling some of the toughest motorcycle accident cases around. For example, we have obtained:
- A $2.5 million settlement to four children of a musician killed by a driver making a lane change. The children will receive $30-40 million over their lifetimes.
- A $2.4 million verdict for a motorcyclist who suffered a brain injury after colliding with a truck.
We have also received other favorable settlements for our clients, the details of which we cannot disclose to the public. We owe our success to our tenacity for building the strongest case possible while leaving no stone unturned as we comb through the factual records surrounding the accident.Don’t Negotiate with an Insurer Alone
It might come as no surprise to you, but insurers are anxious to settle claims quickly—and they want to settle them cheap. After an accident, you can expect the driver’s insurance carrier to contact you to get your side of the story. In fact, the insurance company is anxious to get you to admit responsibility for the accident, or to at least create the impression that you are to blame for your own injuries. Instead of talking to them, you should immediately contact a Miami Beach motorcycle accident attorney.
At Gerson & Schwartz, we have negotiated with some of the country’s largest and most powerful insurance companies, so we understand all of the tricks used on unsuspecting victims. As your lawyer, we will act as the go-between so that you can spend your time focusing on your family and on getting well.
To protect your case and maximize the amount of compensation you can receive, please take the following steps:
- Refuse to talk to the driver’s insurance carrier.
- Don’t make statements about the accident to anyone. Your statements can be used against you.
- Always follow your doctor’s advice. If you don’t think you are getting better, seek a second opinion.
Motorcycle accidents can cause devastating injuries. Injured motorcyclists need time to heal and compensation to help them pay bills and other expenses, like their rent or mortgage. During this time period, allow yourself to recover while an experienced attorney manages the details of your case. At Gerson & Schwartz, our experienced Miami Beach motorcycle accident legal team will put your wellbeing at the center of our practice. For a free consultation and case evaluation, call 877-475-2905 or complete our online contact form.