Miami Car Crash Lawyer for Aventura
Aventura is a suburb of Miami, which is one of the busiest places in the country. According to the US Census in 2010, Aventura had a population of 35,762. Miami, however, has 16 million visitors each year. In 2016, approximately 181 car accidents occurred in Miami every day. Approximately half of these accidents result in injuries. Not only are there more car accidents occurring on Miami’s roads today, but they are also becoming more deadly. In 2016, there were 294 fatal car accidents in Miami. If you have been injured in an accident in the area, you need a Miami car crash lawyer for Aventura who can help.
While you focus on recovering from injuries incurred in your car accident, the experienced lawyers at Gerson & Schwartz, PA can help fight for the results that you deserve. Because we do not collect a fee unless we are successful in obtaining compensation for you, you have nothing to lose by contacting us today. Call us at 305- 371-6000 or email us at email@example.com to schedule your free case evaluation.Deadliest Roads in Aventura and Miami
Some of the deadliest roads in Aventura and Miami in terms of car accidents include the following:
- Interstate 95
- NE First Avenue and NE Sixth Street
- NW 54th Street
- NW 7th Street
Car accidents in Miami-Dade County can be caused by a wide variety of factors. Some of the most common causes of these accidents include the following:
- Alcohol and drugs. While many of us have heard various campaigns about the dangers presented by driving while under the influence, there are still many drivers in Aventura who end up causing deadly accidents due to impaired driving. If your life has been impacted by a drunk driver, a Miami car crash law firm in Aventura can help.
- Distracted or negligent driving. Negligent driving involves getting behind the wheel and not upholding your duty of care to others on the road. Motorists in Florida are expected to operate vehicles in a responsible and safe manner. Accidents, however, often occur because drivers take their attention off the road momentarily. Some distractions that can lead to these accidents include talking on the phone, eating, fiddling with GPS, or adjusting radio settings.
- Road design. Car accidents in Aventura sometimes occur due to poorly designed and maintained roads. Poorly maintained roads or reduced visibility can play a substantial role in causing an accident. Some common examples of conditions that could result in accidents include road debris, potholes, improperly designed speed bumps, or unreasonably steep or curvy roads.
- Traffic violations. Many accidents occur in Miami because motorists carelessly or recklessly fail to follow traffic signals, like lights or stop signs, and as a result, end up in collisions with other drivers, cyclists, or pedestrians.
All Florida motorists should have a basic understanding of Florida car accident laws, but an experienced Miami car crash lawyer in Aventura can answer any questions that you might have. This can help greatly if you suddenly find yourself impacted by a car accident. Some of the important issues that often arise in Florida car accident cases include the following:
- Drivers in Florida are required to purchase certain types of insurance and must have proof of this insurance. Florida law states that at the minimum, drivers must have at least $10,000 for personal injury protection and $10,000 for property damage. If this insurance does not cover the damage caused by your accident, a Miami car crash lawyer can help you pursue other options.
- Florida is classified as a “no fault” state. This means that each driver’s insurance carrier must pay for the costs of their own accident, regardless of who caused the collision. If an accident causes more damage than what your insurance covers, you can initiate a personal injury lawsuit.
- People in Florida must report car accidents in which they are involved. Florida requires all motorists to stop at the accident and to help anyone who is injured. If any injuries occurred, you must remain at the accident scene. You should also exchange contact information with the other involved party. This exchange might not be required by law, but is still a vital part of pursuing compensation. If you were involved in a hit-and-run, car crash injury lawyer for Aventura can help locate the driver who caused your accident.
- The statute of limitations in Florida is four years from the date of an accident. If you are injured or subject to property damage in an incident in which another party was negligent, you have four years from when the accident occurred to retain the assistance of a Miami car crash lawyer and initiate a personal injury lawsuit.
If you were involved in a motor vehicle accident, an experienced Miami car crash lawyer will remain committed to fighting for the compensation that you deserve. At Gerson & Schwartz, PA, we understand that the time following a motor vehicle accident can be confusing and even overwhelming. One of the best things that you can do is promptly obtain the assistance of an experienced attorney. Contact us today to schedule a free case evaluation. 305-371-6000 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org