Miami Gardens Medical Malpractice Lawyer
If you suffered an injury related to medical care, contact a Miami Gardens medical malpractice lawyer at Gerson & Schwartz P.A. We have over 50 years of experience helping the victims of medical negligence. We are here to investigate the care you received and advise you of your right to file a medical malpractice lawsuit. If you have been hurt because of a doctor, nurse, dentist, or other medical provider’s negligent performance, we will fight for you to receive full and fair compensation.
To talk with our medical malpractice attorneys in Miami Gardens, call 305-371-6000 or toll free at (877) 475-2905 and schedule a free consultation. You also can reach out by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.We Handle Medical Malpractice Claims in Miami Gardens, Florida
Our veteran legal team routinely represents medical malpractice victims in Miami Gardens. The city was incorporated in 2003 making it the 33rd city in Miami-Dade County. It is approximately 19 square miles and as of 2018, had a population of more than 113,000 people. The majority of Miami Gardens’ residents are African American and Latino.
There is no hospital directly in Miami Gardens’ city limits. However, residents can receive care at Jackson North Medical Center, Concentra Urgent Care, MD Now Urgent Care, CareSpot Urgent Care of Miami Gardens, and Chen Senior Medical Center. There are also several health care clinics and facilities throughout the city as well as individual physicians and dental practices.
If you believe you received careless medical care at a Miami Gardens’ facility, contact us right away. Our Miami Gardens medical malpractice lawyers handle all types of medical malpractice and are highly experienced in pursuing compensation for patients’ injuries.Common Types of Medical Malpractice
Our medical negligence attorneys in Miami Gardens handle a wide range of cases, including:
- Diagnostic errors/misdiagnosis: You may have gone to the doctor and walked away without a diagnosis. You may have been told your condition was one thing when it was really another. If your physician failed to diagnose your condition or misdiagnosed your condition despite having all of the information necessary to realize what was wrong, then you should speak with an attorney about your options. A misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose can lead your condition to worsen, or you may suffer harm from unnecessary medical care. You may have the right to pursue compensation for this type of injury.
- Prescription errors: You may suffer harm due to one of many types of prescription errors. A physician may prescribe you an inappropriate medication for your condition or a medication you are allergic to. You may be administered the wrong drug, or the wrong dose or form of the correct drug. You may have the right prescription, but when you go to fill it, the pharmacist gives you the wrong pills. If you were injured because of a prescription error, do not hesitate to call our Miami Gardens medical malpractice attorneys to discuss pursuing compensation.
- Infections: Hospital-acquired infections (HAI) are all too common. If you suffered from a serious infection that you acquired at a hospital, doctor’s office, or other medical facility, call us right away.
- Surgical errors: Our medical malpractice attorneys have handled cases involving serious surgical errors, including surgery on the wrong patient, the wrong surgical procedure, or the correct surgical procedure on the wrong part of the body. There is no excuse for these types of mistakes and you should hold the physicians and facility responsible.
- Anesthesia errors: Anesthesia is a central component of surgery and other medical care. If the anesthesiologist makes a calculation error in regard to the drugs you need, you may partly or fully wake up during surgery. You also can suffer dental and throat injuries, or you may not receive enough oxygen during a procedure, which can cause severe injuries.
- Birth injuries: If your infant was diagnosed with an injury that occurred during the pregnancy, during the birthing process, or shortly after birth, contact our Miami Gardens medical malpractice attorneys. We have represented many parents in claims involving moderate, severe, permanent, and fatal birth injuries.
Through a medical malpractice lawsuit, we will fight for you to receive full and fair compensation for your physical, psychological, and financial damages. This includes compensation for your past and future medical expenses, which is particularly important if you will need on-going medical care. We will fight for you to receive your lost wages and employment benefits. If you have suffered a disability, we will pursue compensation for your lost earning potential.
We also will fight hard for you to receive compensation for your pain and suffering and psychological harm, which we know can be severe following medical negligence.
If the physician or other medical professional’s actions were egregious or malicious, we may demand you receive punitive damages. These damages are not meant to compensate you. Instead, they are meant to punish the grossly negligent party.Call a Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Miami Gardens, FL Today
You only have two years to file a medical malpractice claim in Florida. If you believe you have been the victim of medical negligence, call us at Gerson & Schwartz P.A. right away. You can reach us at (305) 371-6000 or contact us through our online form.