North Miami Beach Brain Injury Lawyer
The tough bones of the skull are effective at protecting the brain, but injuries can still occur from a violent blow to the head or penetrating head trauma. Brain injuries often occur due to accidents in Florida, and they are more common than you think. The American Association of Neurological Surgeons reports that about 1.7 million brain injuries occur every year nationwide. Plus, around 5.3 million people in the US are currently living with a disability or other complications from head trauma. Because the brain is a complex and vital organ, the implications of brain injury can range from mild to moderate to severe. Depending on the area of the brain affected, the effects may be as minor as a concussion or as serious as permanent disability, coma, or death. Since 1970, the Miami personal injury law offices of Gerson & Schwartz have been helping victims in brain injury cases in North Miami Beach Florida.
Many brain injuries are the result of accidents that could have been prevented if the responsible party exercised reasonable care. Brain injuries can result be serious and life changing requiring future medical needs and expensive medical care.
As such, you may be able to recover compensation if you were hurt or lost a loved one. Gerson & Schwartz lawyers will assist with the legal process, as we have got decades of combined experienced helping brain injury victims in North Miami. If you or a loved one were the victim of a brain injury due to the negligent or intentional acts of another don’t delay. Contact our personal injury law offices by calling 305 371-6000 to schedule a no-cost consultation with a North Miami Beach brain injury attorney, and check out some important information about your rights.North Miami Beach, Florida
North Miami Beach, also known as NMB, is a wonderful place to live and to visit. Close to many sandy beaches and state parks, there is no shortage of interesting things to do and see. One popular attraction is the St. Bernard de Clairvaux Church, originally erected in Spain, only to be bought by William Randolph Hearst, disassembled, and shipped over the Atlantic to find a permanent home here in NMB. Today it is a favorite spot to visit and a popular wedding venue.Facts and Figures on Brain Injuries
The American Association of Neurological Surgeons reports that about 1.7 million brain injuries occur every year nationwide. Plus, around 5.3 million people in the US are currently living with a disability or other complications from head trauma. Because the brain is a complex and vital organ, the implications of brain injury can range from mild to moderate to severe. Depending on the area of the brain affected, the effects may be as minor as a concussion or as serious a permanent disability, coma, or death.
Statistics on head and brain trauma reveal the extreme dangers for victims:
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accident cases
- Bicycle accident cases.
- Falls and auto crashes are the top causes of brain injury hospitalizations, at 52 and 20% respectively;
- Around 50,000 fatalities occur in the US every year because of head trauma and, of these, approximately 50% happen within the first two hours after an accident;
- Brain injury fatalities comprise more than one-third of all traumatic deaths; and,
- Every year, up to 90,000 individuals with brain injuries will experience the onset of permanent disability.
While accidents are a common cause of brain injuries, there are more specific circumstances behind this generalization. Carelessness is often behind these incidents, which is referred to as negligence in legal terms. To obtain monetary damages, you must prove that the responsible party breached the duty to exercise reasonable care, which was a direct cause of the accident. For instance, North Miami Beach brain injuries can be the result of:
- Car accidents;
- Drunk driving car crashes in North Miami Beach
- Crashes involving trucks, semis, delivery trucks, 18-wheelers, box trucks, and other commercial vehicles;
- Motorcycle collisions, especially considering the size differential compared to other vehicles on the road;
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents;
- Slips, trips, and falls, and other incidents that occur due to dangerous conditions on property;
- Medical malpractice
- Defective products
In addition, brain injuries may occur through intentional attacks and other criminal conduct. Though you could seek compensation from the perpetrator, you might be able to seek monetary damages from an individual or entity that did not take action to prevent the assault. Examples include pursuing a property owner who failed to implement adequate security, or a business that was negligent in hiring employees.Your Rights in a North Miami Beach Brain Injury Case
Regardless of the underlying circumstances of your injury, the North Miami Beach brain injury lawyers at Gerson & Schwartz are here to help pursue your legal remedies. The process for recovering compensation typically starts by filing an insurance claim, since motorists, business and property owners, and health care providers carry policies to protect their interests. It may be possible to resolve your claim through a settlement, or you might need to go to court to obtain monetary damages.
If you suffered brain injury or lost a loved one in an accident, please contact Gerson & Schwartz to discuss your circumstances with a member of our team. Your losses are devastating no matter how they occurred, and we will fight for your rights to compensation as your:
- North Miami Beach slip and fall injury law firm
- North Miami Beach spinal cord injury attorneys
- Car accident attorneys in North Miami Beach
- Motorcycle crash law firm in North Miami Beach
- North Miami Beach pedestrian accident law firm
- North Miami Beach hit-and-run accident attorneys
Our brain injury lawyers in North Miami Beach are prepared to fight for your right to the monetary damages you deserve as a victim. Whether we are negotiating settlement with an insurer or advocating on your behalf in court, we will strive to recover compensation for such losses as:
- Medical bills which can be considerable when brain injuries require surgery, hospitalization, and related treatment;
- Medical and other out of pocket expenses related to long-term care and at-home health services when the trauma leads to permanent disability, paralysis, and other catastrophic injuries;
- Lost wage - if you are unable to work while you recover from brain injuries;
- Future earning capacity - when the trauma prevents you from returning to your job or finding other work
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of the inability to lead a normal life.
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Out of pocket expenses
- Emotional and psychological harm
If you suffered brain injury contact Gerson & Schwartz to discuss your circumstances with a member of our team. You can call 877-475-2905 or complete an online form to set up your free case evaluation. After we hear your story, we can advise you on your options for recovering compensation.