North Miami Beach Bus Accident Lawyer
The number of vehicle accidents that occur each year in the United States increases each year. While this growing danger applies to passenger vehicles and commercial vehicles, it also applies to public transportation vehicles. Data compiled by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reveals that approximately 240,000 individuals each year experience injuries in the United States due to bus accidents. Given the substantial size and weight of buses, bus accidents are often serious and can leave victims facing severe and debilitating injuries. Our North Miami Beach bus accident lawyers represent many people who have been seriously injured in all types of collisions, including bus accidents.
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious injury in a bus accident, our experienced bus accident attorneys are committed to fighting for the justice and results that you deserve. Remember, you have nothing to lose by retaining a bus accident attorney today because we do not take any fees unless we are successful in obtaining compensation for you. You should not hesitate to contact Gerson & Schwartz today by calling us at (305) 371-6000.Common Causes of Florida Bus Accidents
Bus accidents are caused by many of the same factors that smaller vehicle accidents are. While distracted, intoxicated, or reckless bus drivers can cause serious collisions, these accidents can also be caused by defective vehicle parts, poorly-maintained roadways, inclement weather, and much more. Sometimes strict demands to meet route times and schedules as well as can cause deadly accidents. There are also cases in which pedestrians and other motorists are responsible for causing bus accidents. No matter the cause of your bus accident, our North Miami Beach bus accident attorneys know what it takes to hold the responsible party accountable.Common Injuries After Florida Bus Accidents
There are various bus companies that operate in Florida. Riders may be at risk of getting injured if they travel with the following Florida bus companies:
- American E-Tours Inc.
- Charters of America
- Florida Red Line Shuttle LLC
- La Cubana Bus Line
- Miami Jet Tours
- A Regal Transportation Company
- Society Transportation
- Transit Holdings
- US Coachways
When accidents occur involving these bus companies, some of the most common injuries that are known to result include brain injuries, broken bones, burns, lacerations, paralysis, seizures, spinal cord injuries, and whiplash. In the worst situations, fatalities can also result from bus accidents. While you might worry about how you will pay for a lawyer if you are facing these injuries, our bus accident attorneys in North Miami Beach do not charge a fee unless we are successful in obtaining compensation for you. Consultations are also free and there are no upfront costs to get started so give us a call at 305-371-6000 to find out how we can help. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.orgEstablishing Fault After a Bus Accident
When bus accidents occur, we focus on establishing both who is at fault as well as what happened. Some of the parties against whom it might be possible to pursue legal action include:
- Bus drivers, whose negligence caused the accident. The driver might have been distracted by a smartphone, speeding, or asleep at the wheel.
- The company managing the bus failed to adequately maintain the vehicle.
- The manufacturer who constructed the bus used defective parts.
- The negligence or recklessness of a third-party caused the bus to crash.
During a free case evaluation, our North Miami Beach bus accident attorneys will review the details of your case and help you determine how the accident happened.Understanding Florida’s No-Fault Insurance Policy
Florida is a no-fault insurance state. This means that victims of bus accidents must first seek compensation from their own insurance carriers. All motor vehicle drivers in Florida must purchase the minimum required insurance coverage, which is referred to as personal injury protection, which replaces a bus accident victim’s ability to sue for damages related to their injuries. Personal injury protection pays for the following damages caused by bus accidents:
- If a person receives treatment within 14 days of the bus accident, personal injury protection reimburses this individual for 80% of all reasonable, necessary, and related medical costs for treatment of emergency medical conditions.
- If a victim experiences an injury that is not classified as an “emergency condition,” this person’s compensation might be limited to only $2,500.
- If a person is not treated within 14 days of an accident, personal injury protection does not cover medical expenses.
- Personal injury protection provides coverage for transportation costs related to the care of reasonably medically necessary medical treatment.
- Personal injury protection reimburses individuals for up to 60% of lost earning capacity and up to 60% of lost income.
- Personal injury protection provides a payment of $5,000 in death benefits.
If additional compensation is needed, we can help you pursue other legal options, as well.Speak With an Experienced North Miami Beach Bus Crash Attorney
At Gerson & Schwartz, P.A., we have substantial experience in handling all types of personal injury cases. If a bus accident has left you with life-changing injuries and overwhelming medical debt, you should contact our law office right away. During a free case evaluation with one of the bus accident attorneys at Gerson & Schwartz, PA, we will review your options to pursuing compensation. Contact us today. Se Habla Espanol.