North Miami Beach Truck Accident Lawyer
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reports that there are around 120,000 truck accidents nationwide, and unfortunately, Florida is in the Top 10 among US states for deadly truck crashes. With I-95, I-75, Florida’s Turnpike, and many other major highways running nearby, it is probably not difficult to understand why so many of these incidents occur in North Miami Beach. The implications for victims extend beyond the physical pain, since financial and emotional losses can be extreme. For more than 50 years, the personal injury law offices of Gerson & Schwartz have been helping victims in truck crash cases in Dade County. There are never upfront costs to get started to contact a North Miami Beach Truck Accident lawyer in North Miami Beach.
It may come as some relief to know that you do have rights as the victim of a truck accident in Florida. You may be able to recover compensation for your losses, though there are unique complications involved with crashes involving semis, delivery trucks, 18-wheelers, box trucks, and other commercial motor vehicles. Considering the challenging legal process, it is wise to trust our experienced attorneys at Gerson & Schwartz for help. Please contact our office today to schedule a free consultation with a truck accident attorney in North Miami Beach, Florida and check out some important information about your rights. Call us at 305-371-6000 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a free consultation.Statistics on Truck Crashes in North Miami Beach
Additional data from the FMCSA indicates that there are more than 4,400 deadly truck accidents every year, causing up to 5,000 fatalities. However, the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles publishes statistics regarding truck collisions closer to home:
- In Miami-Dade County, there are approximately 8,500 truck accidents every year;
- Fatalities is on the rise, with a 65% increase from 2016-2018; and,
- The number of injured victims has also increased during this period, from 921 to 1,405.
No matter what kind of truck accident you have been involved in, we can help as:
- North Miami Beach semi-truck accident lawyer and attorneys
- North Miami Beach tractor-trailer crash law firm
- 18-wheeler collision law firm in North Miami Beach
- Catastrophic injury lawyers in North Miami Beach
- North Miami Beach wrongful death lawyer and attorneys
- Commercial vehicle crash injury law firm in North Miami Beach
Crashes involving large trucks usually occur because of driver carelessness, which is termed ‘negligence’ in the practice of law. In order to recover compensation for your losses, you need to prove four essential elements:
- The driver had a duty to exercise reasonable care while operating the truck;
- The truck driver breached this legal duty of care;
- The breach of duty was a direct cause of the truck collision in which you were injured; and,
- You sustained losses because of your injuries.
Our North Miami Beach truck crash attorneys will investigate and gather the necessary evidence to prove each of these elements. We also work with experts who support our efforts, including medical professionals, accident reconstruction technicians, and financial analysis to ensure we meet the level of proof.Compensation for Victims of North Miami Beach Truck Collisions
When you were hurt in a crash and established the four essential elements described above, you may be entitled to recover a wide range of monetary damages for your losses. As the victim of a truck accident in North Miami Beach, it is possible to obtain:
- Past and future medical bills and treatment. This includes the costs of past and future surgery, hospitalization, pain medications, physical therapy, and related expenses;
- Lost wages
- A loss of future earning capacity: if you were unable to work because of your injuries.
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Emotional and psychological harms
Your first priority after being injured in a truck accident is medical care. Not only is proper treatment essential to get you on the road to recovery, but visiting a doctor also affects your rights. Delays imply that you were not hurt badly, so the trucker’s insurance company might deny your claim.
Once you get medical care, there are a few additional steps you can take to protect your interests. Our North Miami Beach truck accident law firm at Gerson & Schwartz will handle the legal side of things, but some tips include:
- Ask the at fault driver to provide you with a written or recorded statement.
- Avoid speaking with an insurance adjuster or investigator of an adverse party
- Use your cell phone to document the accident scene by taking pictures and video of the accident scene, final resting points of the vehicles, skid marks and debris, and all property and other physical damage to all vehicles and any other landmarks and
- If you are contacted by an insurance adjuster do not agree to sign a release or allow your conversation to be recorded before you speak with a truck accident lawyer in North Miami Beach, Florida.
For more information about our rights and remedies as the victim of a truck collision, please contact Gerson & Schwartz to speak with a member of our team. You can set up a no-cost case evaluation by calling 305-371-6000 or toll free at 877-475-2905 or email us at email@example.com. Once we have a chance to review your circumstances, we can advise you on next steps and explain more about truck crash claims work. Se Habla Espanol.