Personal Injury in Broward
Like it or not, any can be touched by a personal injury in Broward. A sudden and unexpected accident can injure a person at any point in life, and many of these injuries are not the victim’s fault. Instead, many times accidents occur due to the negligence or carelessness of another individual. Statistics reveal that accidents are the third leading cause of death in the country. If you end up injured as a result of someone else’s negligent actions or inaction, you have a right to pursue compensation for your losses.
At Gerson & Schwartz, PA, our personal injury attorneys in Broward County have over 50 years of experience representing people injured by the negligence and recklessness of others. If you or a loved one has been injured, it is critical that you contact an experienced personal injury attorney Broward County. So, call us toll-free at (877) 475-2905 today to schedule your initial consultation.Common Cases Involving Personal Injury in Broward
Some of the most common types of personal injury cases that our lawyers handle include the following:
- Car accidents When a car or motor vehicle accidents occur, they can result in life-changing injuries and even fatalities. Whether a Broward motorcycle, car, or truck was involved, these accidents can take many forms, including reckless driving, driving under the influence, and hit-and-run accidents. Some of the roads in Broward County where countless deadly accidents occur include the Florida Turnpike, Interstate 95, Alligator Alley, State Road 84, and University Drive.
- Medical malpractice. When a physician or other medical professionals falls below the accepted standard of care, a medical malpractice claim can be pursued to make up for the damages that occurred from the treatment. Medical malpractice is one of the most devastating types of personal injury in Broward and can leave patients facing countless complications. Some of the hospitals in Broward County where patients are at risk of being harmed by medical malpractice include Broward Health North, Memorial Regional Hospital, Kindred Hospital - Hollywood, Holy Cross Hospital, Westside Regional Medical Center, and Cleveland Clinic Hospital.
- Premise liability. When a property owner negligently maintains a property and that results in serious injury, that property owner can be held accountable for the resulting damages through a premise liability claim. Some of the most common accidents that occur include dog bites and slip and fall accidents. Amusement parks are one of the most common locations where premise liability cases arise. Some of the amusement parks located in Broward County include Uncle Bernie's Theme Park, All Saints Carnival, Dezerland Park Miami, Miami Watersports Complex, and K1 Speed.
- Workplace accidents. While many of us are aware of the countless dangers faced by construction and warehouse workers, all workers are at risk of experiencing injuries in accidents while on the job.
There are many serious and life-altering injuries that can result from accidents in Florida. Some of the most common injuries include the following:
- Broken bones as well as fractures and muscle injuries, which can have a substantial impact on a person’s mobility
- Burn injuries, which can include painful injuries that make it difficult for patients to perform many daily living tasks.
- Head and brain injuries, which can range from mild concussions to more serious traumatic brain injuries
- Neck injuries, which might include whiplash. These accidents are a common result of car accidents due to the jerking motion passengers experience following a collision.
- Spinal cord injuries, which can include either partial or complete paralysis that results in limited use of limbs as well as the loss of sensation.
Florida law gives an individual four years in which to file a personal injury lawsuit. As a result, it is critical that accident victims act quickly to make sure that they properly pursue the compensation they deserve. If you attempt to file a claim for personal injury in Broward outside this time window, you will likely be barred from ever pursuing damages associated with your accident in a court of law.
Some accidents have even shorter deadlines than four years. For example, when a personal injury is caused by a government agency, a victim often only has several months to act.Speak With a Broward County Florida Personal Injury Lawyer Today
Accidents occur when people least expect them and can substantially impact the victims’ quality of life. If you were seriously injured in a personal in Broward you are likely overwhelmed with worries about the financial consequences caused by your accident. The sooner you retain the assistance of an experienced personal injury attorney in Broward, the sooner you can begin seeking financial and legal compensation. Contact Gerson & Schwartz, PA today to schedule a free case evaluation.