Florida Publix Slip and Fall Accident Attorney
Since it was founded in 1930, Publix has grown from a single grocery store to the largest chain of employee-owned supermarkets in the United States. Like any grocer, however, Publix regularly experiences slip and fall accidents on its premises. When you or a loved one is injured by a slip, trip or fall at a grocery store, Gerson & Schwartz will protect your legal rights. For over forty-six years, Miami area residents have trusted the Miami slip and fall attorneys of Gerson & Schwartz to secure fair compensation for their injuries.
These are just a few of the recent personal injury lawsuits filed after slip and fall accidents at Publix stores:
- On April 22, 2015, Sherry Thibault slipped in the frozen section of a Publix store in Hollywood, Florida. She sued both the store (for allowing a water leak to continue without correcting the dangerous condition) and the manufacturer of the freezer (for defects in the leaking freezer).
- In another Publix store, a plaintiff slipped on water near the cash registers. She incurred more than seventy thousand dollars in medical expenses for her complicated back injury, and was awarded an additional one hundred thousand dollars for her future medical expenses. The total award of $202, 688 also included a pain and suffering award, as well as attorneys’ fees and costs associated with bringing the lawsuit.
In recent years, technologies have become available which make it easier for grocery store owners to meet their legal obligation to provide safe premises for customers. One such program uses location beacon sensors to identify risks and alert store management to correct them. Rising temperatures in freezer sections, spills on the floor, and other hazards can be more efficiently addressed in this manner. This technology provides other benefits to grocery store owners, as well. It reduces paperwork and optimizes efficiency within the store’s maintenance procedures. It can also be used as evidence in a slip and fall lawsuit as evidence of what, specifically, the store manager did to identify and address the hazardous condition.
Regardless of the technology or maintenance procedures utilized in a particular grocery store, managers and owners have a legal obligation to maintain their premises in safe condition for shoppers. Breach of this duty makes the owner legally responsible for reimbursing an injured customer for all injuries and losses resulting from a slip and fall accident.What Should You Do if You Are Injured in an Slip and Fall Accident at Publix?
In the unfortunate event that you are hurt while shopping at a Publix grocery store, you should take steps to makes sure that you are able to recover compensation. These include the following:
- Make sure that an official incident is generated
- If you can, take pictures of the hazard that caused your slip, trip, or fall
- If emergency medical personnel are summoned to the scene, do not refuse medical treatment
- Make sure to go see a doctor as soon as you can after your accident, even if you do not think that your injuries are serious enough to require medical treatment
- Do everything your doctor recommends, including attending follow up appointments or engaging in physical therapy
- Call a Miami slip and fall lawyer as soon as you can
The experienced personal injury lawyers at Gerson & Schwartz represent clients injured in slip and fall accidents at grocery stores throughout the Miami area. Our attorneys fight hard to enforce their clients’ legal rights by aggressive settlement negotiations and litigation. If you or a loved one has been the victim of a slip and fall injury, contact our firm for a free consultation. For more information on how we can help you, call 305-371-6000, or email us directly about your case at email@example.com. Se Habla Espanol.