The Roads Slip and Fall Lawyer
Were you injured in a slip and fall on someone else’s property? Then we recommend you contact a Gerson & Schwartz P.A. The Roads slip and fall lawyer to discuss your rights and options. Our experienced premises liability lawyers will promptly investigate the incident. We will analyze the duty of care the property owner or tenant owed you, whether there is evidence of negligence, and if so, the potential value of your claim.
Slip and fall accidents are all too common in The Roads and throughout Miami. We routinely handle slip and fall claims involving serious injuries, and in some cases, fatalities. Our decades of experience enable us to swiftly and aggressively pursue full and fair compensation for fall victims.
To talk with us about how we can help you, contact us at 305-371-6000 or use our online form at email@example.com. will reach out as soon as possible to schedule your free consultation.About The Roads
Miami has many diverse neighborhoods, including The Roads. This neighborhood is a triangular area located between SW 11th Street, SW 12th Avenue, and SW 15th Road. It is known for its older homes, idyllic tree-lined streets, and historic schools. It is also close to Downtown Miami, so residents can experience the best of both words- a pedestrian-friendly small town and a bustling metropolitan area.
The Roads was designed and platted by Mary Brickell in January 1922. It was originally known as Brickell Hammock, and in February 1923, every property in the neighborhood sold in a single day. It soon became known as one of Miami’s most prestigious neighborhoods.
Though The Roads is known as a unique and historic neighborhood, the landowners in the neighborhood are as likely to be negligent as anywhere else. Our slip and fall attorneys in The Roads have handled slip and fall accidents that happened on public property, private residences, and in stores and businesses. If you or a loved one were the victim of a serious slip and fall, contact us today.Common Locations of Slip and Fall Accidents
A slip, trip, or stumble and fall can happen almost anywhere. Our The Roads slip and fall lawyers often receive calls about slip and fall accidents in:
- Grocery stores and supermarkets
- Gas stations and convenience stores
- Restaurants, bars, clubs, and coffee shops
- Hotels and motels
- Large retail stores, chain stores, and franchises
- Small stores and boutiques
- Sports facilities
- Entertainment and concert venues
- Movie theaters
- Public parks
- Public and private pools
- Medical facilities
Wherever you were injured, we recommend you talk with an attorney who can explain the landowner’s responsibility for social or business guests and whether the landowner, property manager, or tenant violated that legal duty.
For over 50 years, Gerson & Schwartz personal injury lawyers have served victims in the capacity as
- Slip and fall injury law firm in the Roads
- Serious Injury attorneys in the Roads Miami
- Brain injury attorneys in the Roads Miami
- Property owner negligence the Roads slip and fall accident attorney
- Floor debris slip and fall accident lawyer in the Roads
- The Roads employer negligence slip and fall accident attorney
- Hazardous walking conditions slip & fall accident lawyer in the Roads
- The Roads slip and fall accident attorney for homeowner negligence
- Lack of repair slip and fall accident attorney the Roads
- Tamiami escalator slip and fall accident attorney
- Elevator slip and fall accident lawyer in the Roads Miami
- The Roads Broken stairs case and slip and fall injury law firm and attorneys
To protect your claim for compensation, our slip and fall attorneys in The Roads recommend you:
- Call the police to report the accident.
- Inform the property owner or manager of your fall.
- Take photos and video of the location where you fell.
- Document the property conditions that may be relevant to the fall.
- Write down the events leading up to the accident.
- Obtain the property owner, tenant, or on-duty manager’s name and contact information.
- Ask for the names of all employees on duty at the time of the fall.
- Ask witnesses for their names and contact information.
- Receive medical help as soon as possible.
- Set aside your shoes or sandals and any relevant clothing you were wearing at the time of the accident.
- Call our The Roads slip and fall lawyers to talk about your legal options.
The underlying reason for many slip and fall accidents is that there is a defect in the property that could and should have been corrected. The hazard may have developed overtime, such as loose floorboards or a loose balcony railing. Or, the danger may have arisen suddenly, such as a spilled beverage at a restaurant. In either case, the property owner, manager, or tenant should be on the lookout for such potential dangers. It is there responsibility to know there is a hazard, warn guests about it, and fix it as soon as possible.
Some of the most common property hazards that cause slip and falls include:
- Spilled substances
- Standing water
- Mopped or waved floors
- Lack of non-slip surfaces
- Mats and rugs without non-slip backing
- Loose handrails and railings
- Loose, uneven, or cracked flooring
- Poor lighting
Florida has a specific law that addresses slip and fall claims in businesses, and it creates a specific standard you must meet before you can obtain compensation. Under Florida Statute §768.0755, if you slipped and fell because of a transitory foreign substance on the ground, you must establish that the business:
- Had actual or constructive knowledge of the dangerous condition; and
- Should have acted to fix the dangerous condition.
To provide the business had constructive knowledge, you must show that the dangerous condition existed for such a period of time that, if the business had exercised ordinary care, it would have known about it. Or, you may prove the condition occurred regularly and was foreseeable.Let Our Slip and Fall Lawyers in The Roads Help You
When you were injured in a slip and fall, and you believe another person or business is at fault for the accident, talk with a premises liability lawyer as soon as you can. Our veteran attorneys at Gerson & Schwartz P.A. want to hear from you. We want to help you hold the negligent property owner responsible and obtain full and fair compensation for your physical, emotional, and financial injuries.
To schedule your free consultation, call us at (305) 371-6000. Se habla Español.