Motorcycle Accidents in Broward
Florida is one of the deadliest states for motorcyclists. Based on data compiled by the Governors Highway Safety Association, Florida leads the country in motorcyclist deaths. In 2015, Florida saw 550 deaths in motorcycle accidents. There are many causes of motorcycle accidents in Broward County but the truth is that motorcyclists here simply spend more time on the road, taking in the beautiful weather and local vistas.
Many motorcycle accidents are not caused by motorcycles or motorcyclists. Instead, approximately 60% of motorcycle accidents involve multiple vehicles and are caused by the negligent drivers of passenger vehicles. At Gerson & Schwartz, PA, our lawyers understand that motorcycle accidents often leave victims with catastrophic and debilitating injuries, which can result in lost wages and steep medical bills. That is why we focus on fighting for the rights of motorcycle accident victims. If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, you can contact our skilled attorneys by email at email@example.com to schedule your free case evaluation. We are here for you.Popular Spots for Motorcycles in Broward
While one can spot motorcycles all over the Miami area, some of the most heavily traveled roads in Broward for motorcyclists (and locations where many motorcycle accidents in Broward occur) include the following:
- Motorcycle Accidents on US 1 in Broward County, Florida
- Broward County Motorcycle Accidents on Interstate 595
- Broward County Motorcycle Crashes on I-95 and Davie Blvd
- Motorcycle Crashes on University Drive and 595 West
- Broward Motorcycle Accidents on the Saw Grass Expressway
- Florida Turnpike Motorcycle Crashes in Broward
- Motorcycle Injury Crashes on US 1 and Broward Blvd.
- Motorcycle Fatal Car Injury Crashes on Griffin Road and I-95
Even when a motorcyclist takes every precaution possible, accidents still occur. The following are some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents in Broward County:
- The drivers of larger vehicles do not always spot motorcyclists. When drivers fail to check their blind spots when changing lanes or making turns, they can end up in motorcycle accidents.ar.
- Motorcycles are less stable than most other vehicles that travel Florida's roads. As a result, when motorcyclists make fast or sharp turns, they can quickly end up in an accident.
- Collisions at intersections are a common occurrence with motorcycles as well as other motor vehicles. These accidents often occur when drivers fail to pay attention to surrounding conditions or speed in an attempt to pass through a yellow light.
- Head-on collisions are one of the primary causes of deadly motorcycle accidents. These accidents often occur when drivers or motorcyclists attempt to turn corners blind, or when they operate their vehicles under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Motorcyclists and vehicle drivers can cause accidents when they fail to follow traffic laws. This negligence might take the form of speeding, weaving suddenly between lanes, or not using turn signals.
- Lane splitting occurs when motorcyclists ride between two different lanes of traffic. Many riders do this to quickly get around slow traffic, but lane splitting is a dangerous driving technique that places motorcyclists at elevated risk of ending up an accident.
- Many motor vehicle drivers improperly calculate how much time they have to make a left-hand turn and end up colliding with motorcyclists.
- Just like with drivers of larger vehicles, motorcyclists are susceptible to distracted driving, which can quickly result in deadly accidents.
- When motorcyclists or other vehicle drivers combine the use of alcohol and drugs with vehicle operation, it can result in deadly accidents. Alcohol and drugs impact a driver's balance, reflexes, and vision, which prevents the safe operation of any vehicle.
At Gerson & Schwartz, PA, our attorneys have years of experience helping motorcycle accident victims fight for the compensation that they deserve. The sooner that you contact our office after your motorcycle accident in Broward, the more quickly we can begin creating strong legal strategies to maximize your chances of obtaining the compensation you deserve. Contact our law office today to schedule a free case evaluation.