Coral Gables Uber Accident Lawyer / Dade County Injury Attorney
Ridesharing companies like Lyft and Uber have redefined the transportation industry. By most measurements, Uber is the bigger company, with 91 million monthly active riders and 3.9 million drivers across 63 countries. Lyft is significantly smaller. When Uber accidents occur, they can lead to some complex liability issues. Victims often suffer large medical bills, lost wages, and many other hardships. In these situations, a Coral Gables Uber accident lawyer at Gerson & Schwartz PA are relied on to help injury and wrongful death victims obtain justice in court. Our personal injury law firm has been helping victims that live, reside and or were injured in Coral Gables.
If you are injured in an Uber accident in Florida, you may be entitled to pursue money damages as compensation for your harms and losses. This often requires countless hours of hard work and experience. For over 50 years, Gerson & Schwartz lawyers have been serving the community as experienced personal injury trial attorneys. When you come in for a consultation, we will review the facts of your case and help you understand the legal claims to obtain a full cup of justice in court. To find out how we can help don't delay. Contact us by calling (305) 371-6000 to discuss you're your legal rights and options if you or a loved one were injured in an Uber accident in Coral Gables.Common Uber Accidents in Coral Gables
No matter what safety steps Uber drivers and riders follow, accidents will still occur. The reality is that there are many deadly roads in Coral Gables where Uber auto accidents can occur include:
- Uber Car Accidents on Bird Road
- Uber Car Crashes on Coral Way
- Car Collisions with Uber vehicles on South Dixie Highway
- Uber Auto Accidents Old Cutler Road
- Ponce DeLeon Boulevard Uber Accidents
- Sunset Drive Uber Rollover Accident Cases
- Red Road Uber Fatal Car Crashes
While it can be overwhelming to end up in an accident anywhere in Coral Gables, remember that one of the best steps you can immediately take is to contact a rideshare accident attorney right away.Important Florida Uber Laws
In 2017, Florida's governor signed the Uber/Lyft bill into law. Some of the critical Florida Uber laws that all motorists should understand include the following:
- Uber drivers are not considered common carriers. Common carriers are businesses that transport individuals in exchange for a fee. Buses and trains are both classified as common carriers. Florida accident law holds common carriers to a higher standard than other companies. As a result, victims have an easier time pursuing compensation against common carriers. Uber might transport individuals in exchange for a fee, but because the company is not classified as a common carrier, it is not subject to a higher standard than common carriers. To navigate these complex issues, that's why you need help from a Coral Gables Uber accident lawyer is critical.
- Uber drivers are presumed to be independent contractors and may not be deemed classified as employees. If you are injured in a bus accident, it is often possible to hold both the bus driver and bus company liable for your damages. This is because, in Florida, employers are often held responsible for the negligence of employees. However, under Florida law, Uber drivers are classified as independent contractors assuming certain legal criteria are met. Other jurisdictions have different legal interpretations. Recent case decisions in California have held the opposite. Uber may not be held vicariously liable just because the Uber driver is not viewed an employee. At Gerson & Schwartz our lawyers will determine what legal theories exist and how to pursue compensation.
- Uber and its drivers must carry personal auto insurance. If you are involved in an Uber accident and someone else is responsible, you have the right to be compensated for your injuries. Insurance proceeds are often the primary source of damages after uber car accidents.
- The amount of insurance available for personal injuries varies on a number of facts. Insurance available may range from $10,000 to $1,000,0000. In certain situations, there may be more financial responsibility imposed. Examples may include claims for gross negligence or authorizing a driver to utilize the Uber app despite having a demonstrated history of reckless or careless driving. Other financial resources from Uber Technologies and other third parties can also be explored as sources of financial responsibly for dram shop cases.
- Under Florida law, all vehicle owners must carry minimum insurance coverage of $10,000 in personal injury protection. Uber drivers, however, are often required to purchase additional coverage. Increased insurance only applies when an Uber driver is logged into the Uber app or en route to pick up a passenger.
- If the driver is logged into the app but not on an active trip certain insurance policies may have different financial implications. Some drivers may only carry $10,000 in personal injury protection, $500 in death and bodily coverage.
- Uber drivers may carry coverage of $1 million for bodily injury and fatal car accidents. Trips are considered to begin the moment that a ride request is accepted and end when the driver ends the trip.
- These insurance issues can be difficult for auto accident victims to understand. An Uber accident lawyer at Gerson Schwartz can explain how these insurance issues may affect your case value.
For people who are injured in Uber accidents, there are several ways to pursue compensation, which include the following:
- Your auto insurance benefits. The accident victim's own insurance policy can apply to some of the costs that a person faces after an accident. Even if you are not driving at the time of an accident, your personal injury protection coverage will act as the primary source of compensation. While Florida drivers are not required to carry uninsured motorist coverage, these benefits can cover Uber-related accident costs.
- The Uber driver's personal insurance policy. If an Uber driver's negligence caused an accident, you can file a personal injury claim with that person's insurance provider. Sometimes, however, insurance carriers refuse to compensate a claim if a driver operated the vehicle in violation of Uber's terms and conditions.
- Uber car insurance. The Uber company is required to carry a policy of $1 million an incident for costs associated with an accident. If you are unable to receive compensation anywhere else, it is often a good strategy to initiate a claim under Uber's insurance policy.
If you need help pursuing compensation from any of these parties, do not hesitate to speak with one of our Uber injury lawyers in Coral Gables.Speak With an Experienced Florida Rideshare Accident Attorney in Coral Gables
If you or a loved one was injured or killed in an Uber accident, you need the assistance of experienced accident lawyers who will fight tirelessly to make sure that you obtain the compensation you deserve. Contact Gerson & Schwartz, PA today at (305) 371-6000 to schedule a free case evaluation. Se habla espanol.