Car Accidents on I-95
Accidents on Interstate 95 or "I-95" pose some of the greatest hazards to motorists in Miami. Interstate 95 is one of the major highways in Miami Dade County and is also a primary expressway that thousands of residents, tourists, and commuters use. In Miami-Dade County, I-95 consists of a single eight-mile stretch of expressway that leads into Broward County. It has consistently been shown to be one of the most dangerous roads in the nation. The I-95 corridor goes all the way up the east coast of the United States and into Canada. In Miami, accidents on I-95 usually are due to speeding, sudden lane changes, distracted drivers and driving under the influence. In recent years, car crashes on I-95 have also been due to reckless drivers that dangerously change lanes from the general express lane to the general purpose lane or vice versa.
Under Florida law, all motorists have a legal duty to act with reasonable care. Because cars, automobiles and motorcycles are usually operated at high speeds on roadways like I-95 serious and catastrophic injuries are common. If you or a loved one has been involved in an car accident on I-95, Gerson and Schwartz PA car accident lawyers can help protect your legal rights. Since 1970, our personal injury law firm has represented accident victims and their families. We understand what it takes in court to prove our clients cases so that we can obtain the maximum compensation the law permits. All of our client's cases are handled under contingency fees so there are no fees unless we collect.
Our attorneys in Miami, Fl have represented clients injured in motor vehicle collisions on I-95 due to:
Here are just a few recent accidents to plague the roadways of the I-95:
- On December 16, 2016, Willie Hill was driving a scooter on the northbound I-95. At the Stirling Road overpass, he was hit by a Chevy Cruze and thrown from his bike. He was then run over by an eighteen wheeler, and finally, struck by a third vehicle as well. His body was severed by the accidents.
- Two men were killed while waiting by their disabled vehicle in the southbound lanes of the I-95 near Sample Road. A Mercedes struck them and their vehicle. While the cause of the crash was unknown, alcohol was not believed to be a factor.
- A Miami Police Department officer was hospitalized after being struck on the I-95 at 62nd Street. The officer had been assisting on the scene of another accident when yet another car collided with his patrol vehicle.
While heavy traffic and hazardous conditions will always be present on the I-95 drivers can nonetheless mitigate these risks with defensive driving strategies.
- Never drive faster that is safe for present conditions. School and constructions zones, heavy traffic, and inclement weather can all make it unsafe to travel at even the posted speed limit.
- Use particular caution near the express lanes. Poorly maintained pylons and abrupt driving maneuvers make express lanes an especially dangerous hazard on the I-95.
- Pay careful attention to your surroundings. Heavy traffic means constantly changing conditions, and drivers must be prepared to quickly react to these changes. Braking, lane changes, and other abrupt maneuvers can cause accidents. Such accidents can be avoided when the driver is paying attention and prepared to avoid these obstacles.
- Never allow yourself to become distracted by technology. Navigation and entertainment systems, smart watches, and the ubiquitous smart phone can all divert a driver’s attention from the road at a moment that can make the difference between life and death.
If you have been injured in a car wreck on I-95 or anywhere else in the Miami area it is important that you retain an experienced attorney to protect and enforce your legal rights. The things you say and do after any accident can have an impact the settlement or award you may be entitled to under Florida law. Insurance company adjusters are trained to minimize the amount that they pay out on claims.
Some of the ways that a personal injury lawyer can help protect your rights after a car accident on I-95 include:
- Analyze the facts of your accident and identify all of the parties that could potentially be held liable;
- Hire an investigator to obtain witness statements and gather important evidence
- Communicate with the insurance company representatives
- Attempt to negotiate a fair settlement offer
- File a lawsuit on your behalf if the insurance company is not willing to pay the full value of your claim
For over forty-six years, car accident victims across Miami and Fort Lauderdale have trusted the Miami personal injury attorneys at Gerson & Schwartz to protect their legal rights. We fight hard to ensure that car accident victims are fully compensated for their injuries. Call our office today at 305-371-6000 to speak with a lawyer directly and to schedule your free consultation. You can also email any questions about your case to email@example.com. Experience the difference of superior legal expertise, personalized service, and friendly staff. Se Habla Espanol.