Medical Advances for Catastrophic Car Injury Victims
Managing and treating catastrophic injuries that are incurred in car accident in Miami, Florida is often a life-long pursuit, despite recent medical advances for catastrophic car injury victims. Injuries suffered in car accidents rarely heal quickly, and some last a lifetime. Based on data compiled by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, car accidents are the leading cause of fatalities in the United States and result in 2.3 million emergency room visits each year.
Catastrophic car accidents often leave victims with severe injuries that make it difficult to work and large amounts of debt. It is crucial for anyone who has suffered a catastrophic injury in a car accident to retain the assistance of an experienced personal injury attorney. Our compassionate lawyers are prepared to fight for the results that car accident victims deserve. We can help you pursue compensation for lost wages, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and property damage.
For over 50 years, Gerson & Schwartz, PA lawyers have the skill and over five decades of experience help serious injury victims in car crash cases recover money damages for a catastrophic car accident. We employ experts trained in accident reconstruction and other medical specialties. Most catastrophic injury lawyers simply review the accident report and then decide on the case.
Our lawyers always conduct a thorough analysis to make sure all potential legal avenues are investigated. Liability and financial responsibility may not always be obvious. Sometimes creative lawyering required looking beyond the basics facts most lawyers look at such as who was driving it's not always the big picture. From joint ventures, vicarious responsibility, to defective car design. Other unknown causes from a special relationship between the parties, negligently entrusting a vehicle to someone or serving alcohol to a someone that is legally intoxicated are other examples that result in liability under Florida law. Call us toll free today at (877) 475-2905.Types of Treatment for Catastrophic Car Accident Victims in Miami, Florida
Medical advances for catastrophic car injury victims have positively impacted each aspect of the medical care and recovery process, which includes the following:
- Initial medical care. The first step in treating catastrophic car accident injuries begins with a victim’s initial medical assessment. As a result of developments in diagnostic tools and pain management, medical professionals can diagnose injuries and treat them more effectively than ever. While you might be in the hospital for weeks or months, victims today spend less time than ever in the hospital recovering from their injuries, which means they are back home with their loved ones sooner.
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy. Recovering from a catastrophic injury is a long process, and rehabilitation makes up the bulk of it. Rehabilitation can help to both improve a car accident victim’s independence as well as increase mobility. Best practices for rehabilitation facilities have benefited substantially from medical advances for catastrophic car accident victims, but the process still requires hard and painful work on the part of the survivors to recover from their injuries.
- Future procedures. Unfortunately, catastrophic car accident victims often must make repeated trips to the hospital. This is because many are left dealing with long-lasting injuries. Repeat visits to monitor progress may lead medical professionals to begin offering the most cutting-edge surgical and rehabilitative procedures available to victims, regardless of whether a person is facing a brain injury, paralysis, or any other type of injury.
- Modifying a victim’s home. Catastrophic car accident victims now have access to various tools to modify their homes to increase accessibility. Some of the most common modifications include wheelchair ramps, shower chairs, devices for in-home physical therapy, wheelchair ramps and lifts, vans with lifts, special beds, service animals, and other tools that can make daily life much more navigable.
- Home and institutional care. Catastrophically injured victims often find themselves requiring life-long care at home or nursing care facilities. In many cases, a family member, loved one, or spouse takes on the job of caring for the injured individual. This situation can create substantial economic hardship for families. Life-long care in nursing or assisted care facilities can be expensive. These facilities are often reserved for the most seriously injured victims.
If you or a loved one were involved in a car accident and experienced serious injuries, it is easy to be left feeling overwhelmed. One critical step to take after an accident is to speak with a medical professional who can inform you about the most recent medical advances for catastrophic car injury victims. Another step that you can take in this situation is to contact aa experienced Florida car accident lawyer at Gerson & Schwartz, PA. Hesitating to retain a personal injury attorney might result in the loss of evidence as well as the erosion of witness recollections. You have no time to lose. Contact our Miami personal injury law office today so we can begin fighting for your right to compensation for your catastrophic injuries by calling us toll free at (877) 475-2905 or (305) 371-6000. Se Habla Espanol.