Miami E-Cigarette Injury Lawyer
Did you become addicted to nicotine after you began to use e-cigarettes, or did you suffer a more serious injury? If you were harmed due to using JUUL or another e-cigarette brand, contact Gerson & Schwartz P.A. to speak with a Miami e-cigarette injury lawyer. Our seasoned accident and injury lawyers have over 50 years of experience. We have been recognized by Best Lawyers, U.S. News, Martindale-Hubbell, and other well-regarded legal organizations.
Our Miami, FL e-cigarette injury attorneys at Gerson & Schwartz P.A. have the knowledge, experience, skills, and resources you need to hold e-cigarette manufacturers responsible for their dangerous products and misleading marketing. To talk with us about whether you are eligible to pursue compensation, call us at (877) 475-2905.Minors are Becoming Addicted to Nicotine
When e-cigarettes like JUUL hit the market, they were advertised for individuals who were already smokers. The companies said they were meant to help smokers transition away from traditional, combustible cigarettes. Some companies stated or insinuated that their e-cigarettes could be used as a smoking cessation tool. However, many e-cigarette companies, like JUUL, use marketing strategies, images, and statements that draw in a younger audience.
Far too many teens are getting ahold of JUULs and other e-cigarettes and are quickly becoming addicted. E-cigarettes offer users a concentrated dose of nicotine. The cartridges containing the nicotine liquid can be flavored, which means instead of tasting the harsh smoke of a cigarette, teens might taste min, strawberry, or crème brulee.
JUUL, in particular, are known as being easier to smoke because the e-cigarette utilizes a different form of nicotine. Between the ease of the smoking process and the more pleasant taste, teens can quickly become addicted to nicotine despite never being cigarette smokers.
If you became addicted to nicotine through e-cigarettes as a teen, or your son or daughter did, contact our Miami e-cigarette injury attorneys as soon as possible.E-Cigarettes Cause Injuries
E-cigarettes increase the risk of many physical injuries in addition to nicotine addiction. Do not hesitate to call our e-cigarette injury lawyers in Miami, FL if you or a loved one suffer from:
- Nicotine Poisoning: It is possible to take in too much nicotine into your body. What constitutes an overdose depends on your weight and how much you take in. The most common cases of poisoning are when young children get ahold of and drink the nicotine liquid.
- Lung & Respiratory Illnesses: Many teens and adults think e-cigarettes are healthier than smoking traditional cigarettes, but this might not be true. Nicotine liquids are not just water. They contain many chemicals and compounds that can irritate a person’s lungs and lead to an increased risk of
- Stroke: The consistent intake of a lot of nicotine is linked to an increased risk of stroke. A study recently presented to the American Stroke Association at its annual meeting found e-cigarette uses, compared to nonusers, had a 71% higher risk of stroke.
- Heart Complications: E-cigarette users also face a higher risk of heart disease, angina, and heart attack. If you or your loved one use a JUUL or other e-cigarette consistently and suffer a serious heart event, contact a Miami e-cigarette injury lawyer immediately.
- Seizures: In addition to a higher risk of stroke and heart complications, e-cigarette uses face a higher chance of seizures. This issue has been reported dozens of times to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, which is now investigating the link between e-cigarettes and seizures.
- Suicide: The nicotine liquid cartridges used for e-cigarettes are a significant amount of nicotine. There have been concerning reports that individuals may ingest this liquid intentionally to cause a fatal overdose.
- Burns, Dental Injuries, Disfigurement: One of the most well known complications and injuries associated with e-cigarettes is burns and disfigurements from the batteries exploding. At least one person has died from an exploding e-cigarette lithium-ion battery. Many others have suffered severe and disfiguring injuries to the face and mouth and burns to their face, abdomen, and thighs.
If you or your minor have suffered injuries because of a JUUL or other brand of e-cigarette, contact our Miami e-cigarette injury attorneys as soon as possible. We will carefully review your circumstances and analyze whether you are eligible to pursue compensation through a personal injury or product liability claim.
If you are eligible, we will represent you in litigation against the e-cigarette manufacturer. We will demand you receive compensation for your:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Past and future lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium
After you or a loved one suffer an injury related to an e-cigarette, whether it was a serious explosion, stroke, or other serious medical condition or event, the best thing you can do for yourself is to contact an experienced e-cigarette injury lawyer in Miami, Florida. We understand that these products are growing in popularity, but few people are aware of how dangerous these products are. Let us help you pursue full and fair compensation for your injuries.
Contact us today at (305) 371-6000 or by submitting your information through our online form.