Accidents Requiring Surgery
If you were injured in an accident in Miami Dade, Broward or another part of Florida, you may have received the news that you need surgery. On one hand, surgery can be a relief. It is a tangible treatment for an injury and it gives you hope that you will recover and move on from serious injury. On the other hand, surgery has a lot of unknowns and risks. Other times, surgery is recommended but victims have to decide whether or not to go forward with the procedure. Surgery is also associated with medical bills, expenses, scarring, rehabilitation, and changes in lifestyle. Injured victims who need surgery may be worried about the costs associated with surgery, the time you will need to take off work, and whether you will need physical therapy or other medical care in the future. It is because of the physical and emotional pain you are going through and the financial consequences that you should speak with an experienced Miami lawyer for accidents requiring surgery. Since 1970, the personal injury lawyers at Gerson & Schwartz P.A. have been helping others injured due to negligence of others. Whether you were injured in a crime, an auto accident, motorcycle crash, truck accident or a slip and fall requiring surgery, our accident law firm in Miami is here to help. We offer free initial case consultations. There are no upfront costs to get started. If you have questions you can contact us through our online form to find out how we can help. Our phones are open 24/7. We respond to all calls and accident inquiries within 1-4 hours, if not much less. So if you were injured in an accident and need surgery and you don’t know what to do, just call us at (877) 475-2905. We will offer advice and advise you of your legal rights. This should help alleviate and stress or uncertainty you may have. The Miami PI lawyers at Gerson & Schwartz PA has been helping accident victims who need surgery for more than 4 decades. We know what to do. Read our online reviews to read about others who have been harmed and that have reached out to our office for help. We are standing by and ready to offer legal assistance to you too. So don’t delay and contact a pi lawyer in Miami if you have an accident requiring surgery today.Miami Accident and Injuries That may Require Surgery
Whether you slipped and fell at the grocery store, truck accident, injured in a car crash, or were hurt while on a cruise, there are many types of injuries that may require surgical intervention, including:
- Bone Fractures: Our lawyers understand the many different types of fractures that accompany accidents. We have helped may slip and fall injury victims recover from distal radius fractures to, comminuted femur and other broken bone injuries. From linear fractures to more serious compound fracture of comminuted fractured bones, our lawyers can help. If you suffer a simple broken bone in an auto, car, motorcycle, or you are a pedestrian injured by a motor vehicle, accident, a physician may be able to set it and put on a cast without surgery. However, if the fracture was serious or complex, surgery may be absolutely necessary. For example, if the bone fractured into many pieces, a surgeon may need to use a plate, screws, and/or pins to hold the bones in the proper place for them to heel.
- Torn Muscles, Tendons, Ligaments: Tendons attach muscle to bone. Ligaments attach muscle to muscle. Tendon and ligamentous injuries often require surgery since the tissues cannot heal on their own. Tendon and ligament injuries often happen in knees, elbows, joints, and other extremities. Torn muscles, tendons, ligaments and other types of soft tissue injuries are very common in car crash cases, and other types of motor vehicle crashes. Often, you will suffer a strain or sprain that does not require surgery. However, if a muscle, tendon, or ligament tore, it may not be able to heal on its own. You may need to undergo surgery so that this tissue can fully heal, and you can eventually regain full use of that area of your body.
- Internal Injuries: Internal injuries can be life threatening. Over the years, our law firm has helped clients with internal injuries in crime victim and other catastrophic accidents. From apartment complex shooting cases, to traumatic brain injury cases, our law firm understands the future needs that accidents victims with internal injuries need in order to help live a more normal life. For clients with serious internal injuries in Miami, Dade, or South Florida, our firm retains leading experts in medical specialties to help clients plan for the future needs of our clients to help accommodate the loss of bodily functions and other basic life activities. From spinal cord injuries to loss of bladder and other bodily functions, the careful selection of a lawyer who has helped others with similar life changing injuries is crucial. Remember that when hiring a lawyer or law firm for your accident or injury that you will be relying on for justice.
- If you suffer damage to one or more organs during an accident, such as perforation of your bowels or a punctured lung, you may need to undergo surgery immediately to repair the damage and avoid further injury.
- Back Injuries: Depending on the accident, you may suffer many types of neck and back injuries, including fractured vertebrae, soft tissue injuries, and herniated discs. All of these can potentially require surgery. For herniated discs that are pushing onto and damaging nerves, you may require a discectomy, which is the surgical process of removing a part of or all of the building disc.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: If your or a loved one’s back and spinal cord were injured in an accident, you or they will likely need surgery. This surgery may be to repair and set broken vertebrae, repair torn soft tissue, remove bulging discs, and more.
- Knee Injuries: One of the most common reasons for surgery after a vehicle accident is a serious knee injury. This is a complicated joint, and many things can go wrong. You may need surgery to repair soft tissue around the joint, or you may need a more significant procedure like joint replacement.
- Brain Injuries: Moderate-to-severe brain injuries may require brain surgery. These procedures care vey risky and very costly.
- Burn Injuries: If you or a loved one suffered serious burns in an accident, you can expect to undergo many surgeries. You may need to go into surgery for physicians to clean your wounds and use skin grafts. You also can expect to undergo cosmetic surgeries in the future to reduce and improve the physical appearance of your scaring.
If you or a loved one suffered any of these or another injury, call a pi attorney for a surgical injury in Miami, Florida right away.Pursuing Compensation After Accidents That Require Surgery
If you were injured in an accident that ultimately required surgery, and you are confident that the accident was another person’s fault, contact our experienced Miami personal injury attorneys at Gerson & Schwartz P.A. right away. When another person’s carelessness, recklessness, or intentional misconduct is responsible for your injuries, then you have the right to pursue compensation through an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
We will fight hard for you to receive compensation that covers your past, current, and future medical bills. If you had to have surgery for an accident-related injury, your medical costs are likely significant. You may have tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars of medical-related debt beyond what your health insurance covered. We will work closely with you, your medical providers, and medical and economic experts to ensure we fully understand your future medical costs and take them into consideration when demanding an appropriate financial recovery.
If you had surgery, you were likely out of work for weeks or months. You may still be unable to work. Even with the surgery, you may be facing a physical limitation that makes you unable to return to the workforce in the near future or ever. However long your absence from work, we will strive to obtain compensation for your lost wages and, when appropriate, your reduced earning potential.
Additionally, the injuries associated with surgery tend to be serious and painful. We will pursue fair compensation for your physical pain and suffering and your emotional distress.Were You in an Accident in Miami Florida Requiring Surgery?
After an accident that causes you an injury that necessitates surgery, call our Miami personal injury attorneys from Gerson & Schwartz P.A. at (305) 371-6000. Our bilingual attorneys will fight hard for you to receive full and fair compensation for your injuries.