The CDC reports that 36 million people are injured from falls each year, and this is a stark reminder of why it is so important to get help from a Miami personal injury lawyer. Without the help of a lawyer, you will find it difficult to receive compensation for your injuries. Falls can be life-altering, especially among the elderly population. The CDC also reports that falls are the leading cause of injury-related death among adults 65 and older in the United States.
Suffering an injury due to a fall can be even more alarming when someone else is to blame. Slip and fall personal injury claims are common in the United States, and there are many examples of negligent individuals and organizations that create hazardous situations for innocent people. If you want to hold these negligent individuals accountable, reach out to the Miami personal injury attorneys of Gerson & Schwartz today. Our law firm was first established in 1970, and we have been helping injury victims in Miami for over 50 years. To schedule a free consultation, simply call 305-371-6000 (toll-free at 877-475-2905), or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Miami personal injury attorneys include Phillip M. Gerson, Philip I. Gerson, Edward S. Schwartz, and David L. Markel. Phillip M. Gerson graduated summa cum laude from the University of Miami Law School, and he is a founding president of the National Victim Bar Association advisory board. Phillip M. Gerson also acts as an instructor for legal writing and research. Edward S. Schwartz is quite active in the academic community as well, having published several curriculum outlines and articles in scholarly journals like the St. Thomas Law Review. Like Phillip M. Gerson, Edward S. Schwartz graduated summa cum laude from the University of Miami Law School.When Does a Fall Become a Personal Injury Claim?
If you have suffered injuries after a slip and fall, you might be wondering whether you can successfully pursue a personal injury claim. As long as you can prove that someone else's negligence led to your injury, you can receive compensation for your damages. Even if you are partly to blame for your own injury, you can still gain compensation thanks to Florida's "pure comparative negligence" laws. Slips and falls represent some of the most common personal injury cases, and Gerson & Schwartz has a wealth of experience with these claims. Our attorneys have acted in a number of different capacities, including:
- Slip and fall injuries
- Hazardous walking conditions injuries
- Property owner negligence injuries
- Broken stairs slip and fall injuries
- Escalator slip and fall injuries
- Elevator slip and fall injuries
- Grocery aisle spill injuries
- Icy sidewalk slip and fall injuries
A fall can result in a wide range of different injuries, including:
- Wrist Injuries: When most people fall forward, they instinctively outstretch their arms in front of themselves to cushion the impact of the ground. This can result in serious wrist injuries. From sprained wrists and thumbs to severe fractures, wrist injuries can result in serious consequences.
- Head Injuries: Head injuries are common when people fall backward. If people are unable to cushion the fall with their arms, their head absorbs most of the impact. Head injuries can be incredibly serious. Even mild concussions can be dangerous, and brain damage can result in personality changes, loss of memory, and severe depression. Fractured skulls and similar injuries can be life-threatening.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: If the fall results in a sudden impact to the neck or spine, you may suffer a spinal cord injury. These injuries are potentially life-threatening and can result in life-altering consequences. Spinal cord injuries also result in extensive medical costs.
- Hip Fractures: Hip fractures are incredibly serious, especially among the elderly population. In many cases, hip fractures can be life-threatening for older individuals. These injuries may lead to infection and other complications that can be fatal. If individuals manage to recover, they face long periods of disability after extensive surgeries.
Negligence leads to slips and falls whenever someone fails in their duty of care to provide safe walking conditions for other people. All property owners have a duty of care to clean up spills, debris, and other hazardous materials that may lead to a fall. Broken stairs and faulty escalators are also an example of negligence. Grocery stores and other businesses are negligent if they are aware of spills and fail to clean them up in a reasonable amount of time.Enlist the Help of a Qualified Personal Injury Attorney in Miami
If you have suffered an injury due to a slip and fall, it is best to enlist the help of a qualified personal injury lawyer in Miami. Negligence can sometimes be difficult to prove in slip and fall injury claims. Trust Gerson & Schwartz personal injury lawyers, and you can approach your personal injury claim with confidence and efficiency. Over the years, we have helped countless victims receive adequate compensation for their injuries. Call 305-371-6000 or toll-free at 877-475-2905, or send us an email at email@example.com.