A hand injury can leave you totally incapacitated, and you may need to consult with a qualified injury lawyer to help compensate you for your losses. Personal injury lawsuits and settlement can cover your permanent and signifnant harms caused by hand injuries due to car accidents, slip and falls and other negligent acts by property owners and business operators. Compensation for lost wages, medical expenses, and any other out-of-pocket costs you might have incurred can also be recovered. But in order to succeed you need help from experienced lawyers.
Of course, getting medical treatment for your hand injury is always the first priority. If you are ready to file a personal injury claim, reach out to the Miami Personal Injury Law firm Gerson& Schwartz. today. Our team of experienced lawyers have been helping victims with hand injuries in car accidents and other harms caused by negligent acts of others. We have been helping serious injury victims in Florida since 1970. Over the past five decades, our attorneys have dealt with virtually every type of personal injury claim scenario.
If you need help with your personal injury claim in Miami don't delay. You can schedule a free consultation with us today. Simply call 305-371-6000 (toll-free at 877-475-2905), or send us an email at email@example.com
Phillip M. Gerson and Edward S. Schwartz both graduated summa cum laude from the University of Miami Law School, and they are wholeheartedly committed to victims' rights. Phillip M. Gerson is a founding president of the National Victim Bar Association advisory board, and he acts as an instructor for legal research and writing. Edward S. Schwartz is an accomplished academic outside of his duties as an attorney, and he has published legal articles in scholarly journals like the St. Thomas Law Review.Common Causes of Hand Injuries
A hand injury may occur in a wide range of different accidents and incidents. Perhaps your hand was injured during a car crash. Maybe you injured your hand while trying to protect yourself from a fall. You may have also injured your hand while at work. Whatever the case may be, Gerson & Schwartz has the experience required to help you receive the compensation you deserve. Our injury attorneys in Miami have worked in a variety of capacities, including:
- Car crash injuries
- Highway crash injuries
- Drunk driver accidents
- Hand Injury Claims Due Distracted driver injuries
- Medical malpractice injuries
- Broken stairs injuries
- Pedestrian injuries
- Hit and run injuries
- Escalator injuries
- Slip and fall injuries
- Workplace injuries
- Hazardous walking conditions injuries
- Negligent property owner injuries
Hand injuries come in many different forms. Here are some of the most common examples:
- Fractures: The human hand is an incredibly complex and delicate part of the body. We are more dexterous than any other animal on the planet, but it comes at the cost of reduced durability. Common hand fractures include wrist fractures and boxer's fractures.
- Tendon Injuries: Flexor tendons are the structures that connect your hand muscles to bones. These tendons allow your fingers to move around, and a tendon injury can be debilitating. People may sever these tendons after using a knife incorrectly. Flexor tendon injuries from a car crash may result in permanent nerve damage, which means that feeling in the finger may never return.
- Sprains: When a ligament in the hand is sufficiently damaged, you may suffer a sprain. Sprains can be quite serious, and there are different grades of this injury. A minor tear may not be a cause for concern, but a complete rupture can take many months to heal.
- Severed Fingertips: Our fingertips are the first contact points we use to interact with the world. With this in mind, it should come as no surprise that our fingertip injuries are common. You may have had your fingertips sliced at work, crushed in a car accident, or infected by dirty barbs and sharp objects.
- Metacarpals: The metacarpals are small bones in your hand that are located slightly behind your knuckles. The phalanges are small bones between the joints of your fingers. These delicate bones can be broken quite easily with sufficient impacts, and they can take months to fully heal.
- PIP Joint: Also known as the proximal interphalangeal joint, the PIP joint is located just above the knuckle. When your finger is hyperextended or bent downwards with sufficient force, your PIP joint will likely become injured.
- Jersey Finger: Jersey finger commonly occurs when fingers become trapped in machinery. The fingertip is forcibly extended, causing the flexor tendon to be completely pulled off the bone. Those with Jersey finger cannot bend their finger without assistance.
- Boutonniere Deformity: Those with a Boutonnière Deformity cannot fully straighten their finger. These injuries are caused by forceful blows that cause your fingers to bend.
If you are serious about your personal injury claim, you need the help of an experienced personal injury law firm in Miami. Connect with Gerson & Schwartz today, and you can approach your personal injury claim with a measure of confidence and dignity. Get the medical help you need first. Then give us a call at 305-371-6000 (toll-free at 877-475-2905), or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.