If you suffered a shoulder injury in an accident in Miami Dade County and you believe another person was at fault, contact us at Gerson & Schwartz P.A. immediately. Our Miami personal injury lawyers will take a close look at your case. We pride ourselves on conducting independent and in-depth investigations into our clients’ circumstances. This is how we amass the evidence necessary to prove the other party’s liability and to obtain our clients the maximum amount of compensation possible.
Gerson & Schwartz lawyers understand how devastating a shoulder injury can be. Depending on the type and degree of the injury, you could be left with a permanent physical limitation such as a loss of strength, loss of mobility and a loss of use. This disability may impact your ability to work, participate in your favorite activities and hobbies, or even be a fully participating member of your family. Even if your shoulder injury does heal, you may live with tenderness and pain the rest of your life. It may take very little to hurt your shoulder again after suffering a serious injury. We talk all of this into account when fighting for you to receive full and fair compensation. To learn more about how our personal injury lawyers can help you recover compensation for a shoulder injury, contact us through our online form or call (877) 475-2905.Common Accident-Related Shoulder Injuries
Our lawyers serve client injured in Miami often handling cases involving:
- Shoulder Fractures: Your humerus (upper arm bone), clavicle (collarbone), and scapula (shoulder blade) meet at the shoulder. If your shoulder is struck during an accident, you could experience a fracture to one or more of these bones. Minor and clean fractures may heal in time with immobilization and pain management. You also may need physical rehabilitation to regain muscle strength and a full range of motion. However, more complex brakes may require surgery to repair. It will take a much longer time to heal, and you may never regain the same strength and range of motion as you had before the accident.
- Shoulder Dislocations: The shoulder is a complicated joint and it can become dislocated in an accident. In many cases, a physician can replace the arm bone properly into the socket. However, if a dislocation is accompanied by a sprain, strain, or bone fracture, then you will require more careful medical care and a longer recovery.
- Rotator Cuff Injury: Your rotator cuff is a group of muscles and tendons in the shoulder. They keep the top of your upper arm bone firmly within the socket of your shoulder. If you suffer a tear to these muscles and tendons, you will surgery to repair the injury. Depending on the extent of the damage, you may require the use of alternative tendons or a shoulder joint replacement.
- SLAP Tears: Within your shoulder, the labrum is soft tissue that connects the socket of your scapula with the head of the humerus bone. This provides cushion between the two bones, and if it tears, it can be painful. There are different degrees to this type of injury. Minor tears may be treated without surgery. Your physician may recommend physical therapy and pain management. However, in extreme cases, you may need surgery. Overall, it can take several months for the tear to heal and for you to regain your muscle strength.
- Shoulder Sprains & Strains: You may experience a sprain of a ligament or a strain of the muscle or tendons in your shoulder. For either a sprain or strain, the ligament, muscle, or tendon may be over-stretched or twisted unnaturally. This can take time and rest to heal. However, if a ligament, muscle, or tendon is torn, you may require surgical intervention. If you suffer a shoulder injury in an accident that requires surgery, do not hesitate to contact a Miami shoulder injuries attorney. By hiring a lawyer, you have someone to fight for you to receive full and fair compensation.
When you suffer a shoulder injury in an accident in Miami, our veteran attorneys at Gerson & Schwartz P.A. are here to fight for you to recover full and fair compensation. We will work closely with you, your medical providers, and expert witnesses to calculate your economic and non-economic damages. We will determine a fair value for your:
- Past, current, and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Physical limitation/disability
- Reduced earning potential
- Loss of normal life
Our bilingual attorneys have decades of experience handling cases involving serious and complex injuries. We know the ins and outs of the insurance claim process, and we will use our experience to navigate your insurance claim and negotiate the best possible settlement. If your insurance claim is denied or the insurer acts in bad faith, we can represent you in court.
To learn more about how we can help you, contact Gerson & Schwartz P.A. online or call (305) 371-6000.