Miami Dade County Uber Accident Attorney
So you decide to be responsible for not only your life but the lives of everyone else on the road by calling a ridesharing service, but then your Uber driver gets into an accident. Just two years ago, Miami Florida was shaken by the news of the nurse who suffered severe brain damage while sitting as a passenger in an Uber vehicle. Although there has since been a change in legislation increasing liability insurance for passengers, the threat of car accidents is still ever present. According to Florida, DMV Miami-Dade is one of the top five counties for car crashes in the state. A six-year intensive study showed Miami sees over 4000 accidents a month and more than 20% of the crashes that occurred in Miami Dade County happened within the city limits of Miami.
Common Uber Car Accident attorneys assist victims in Miami Dade. Our attorneys routinely represent injured victims in:
- Careless Driving
- Reckless Driving
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- DUI Accidents
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Poor Road Design
- Reckless Driving Accidents
- Careless Driving Accidents
- Uber Car Accidents
- Rear End Collisions
- Failure to Yield Accidents
- Side Impact Collisions
- Head on Collisions
Immediately after the crash, you should:
- Call 911 or to the hospital, urgent care, or your doctor. If you need a referral to a doctor, our injury lawyers at Gerson & Schwartz, P.A. can assist you with finding one.
- Take photos of the damaged vehicle and any visible injuries.
- Take screenshots of your Uber ride and receipt on your phone.
- Write down contact information for witnesses.
- Do not depend on the police report or the Uber app, write down the name of the driver.
- Do not sign any documents or make any recorded statements to Uber about the accidents and injuries.
- Do not sign any releases or agree to any amount of money offered to you without first consulting an attorney.
- Call an Uber accident injury attorney at Gerson & Schwartz, P.A. 877-475-2905
In Florida only $10,000 PIP insurance is required by the state, but Miami-Dade County residents by large don’t have insurance whatsoever or think they are covered when they only buy the PIP minimum. Luckily, if the accident occurs during your trip and your ride-sharing driver is driving, you are covered under a $1 million liability policy through James River Insurance. Below is the minimum coverage you should expect as a passenger of an Uber vehicle:
Not Carrying Passengers
- Liability coverage: $50,000 per person for death and bodily injury
- Liability coverage: $100,000 per incident for death and bodily injury
- PDL coverage: $25,000 per incident
- PIP and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage as required by existing law
- Liability coverage: $1,000,000 for death, bodily injury and property damage
- PIP and UIM coverage as required by existing law
As a result, if you are in a collision while a passenger of an Uber vehicle you will be able to pursue a claim for damages caused by accident, such as medical bills, lost wages, future earning potential, rehabilitation expenses, property damages, and pain and suffering.How Miami Dade County Lawyer Can Help
Discuss Your Situation with an Experienced Miami Dade Truck Accident Lawyer as Soon as Possible. A Miami Dade County lawyer can determine whether your accident case is actionable. Although generally, your Uber attorney will bring a claim against James River Insurance, there is the other possibility that an adjuster or the insurance company will settle your claim will avoid the a lengthly process altogether. For this reason, it is essential that you seek a lawyer to talk to the insurance company for you, and who can represent you in court, if necessary.What Should I Expect From an Uber Accident Attorney in Miami Dade County?
To ensure that the evidence is preserved, our lawyers will send a preservation of evidence letter, also known as a spoliation letter to your driver and Uber. We will gather your medical records, request records and reports, copies of your medical bills and records any other evidence of your injury claim such any documentation for any lost wages. Once we analyze the case facts, applicable law, and evaluate your injury claim we will contact Uber to discuss an out of court resolution.
The following step will be to make a demand for settlement of your Uber accident claim. If the insurance company fails to make a reasonable settlement offer, we will prepare and file a lawsuit on your behalf. Once the suit is filed, our Uber lawsuit lawyers will seek the earliest possible trial date so that your case gets resolved by settlement or jury verdict as quickly as possible.Discuss Your Situation With An Experienced Miami Dade Uber Accident Lawyer As Soon As Possible
The legal team at Gerson & Schwartz, P.A. regularly represents clients in insurance claims and personal injury claims in court following severe accidents and injuries. If you or a family member has been injured, please call Gerson & Schwartz, P.A. a Miami Dade Uber accident attorney at 877-475-2905 or contact us online to schedule your free consultation.